Distracted.

Once she left, Tom felt the tension leave his body. A long exhale left his lips, he rubbed his eyes with his hands, fighting back the scream he so desperately wanted to let out.

His body fell back against the wall.
The cleaner had gone back inside, leaving him alone. He didn't want to go back inside. The restaurant was too fancy, people judged everyone, the strong smell of sweet flowers clouded the area which they sat at.

He couldn't stand Ben's British accent, how ridiculously posh it sounded. He found himself growing irritated with every cheesy joke Ben would direct at Maeve or Heidi. He hated how they always laughed at them, despite how stupid those jokes were.

And Maeve.

His heart tightened in his chest at just the mere mention of her name.

How could she sit there all pretty, knowing the pain she caused.

Seeing her caused his emotions to act up, his heart to start hammering in his chest and his mind to overthink.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Tom stared at the ground, blowing out air from his mouth once he felt himself getting riled up. He wouldn't let her have that control over him. He wouldn't give her the satisfaction in knowing she had any type of affect on him.

Tom smoothed his trousers with his hands, straightening his posture and putting on a mask of confidence over his face. He wouldn't let her see her anger.

Opening the door he was greeted by bright lights and the sounds of people talking. He kept his gaze forwards as he made his way up the stairs, not acknowledging the people who passed him.

As he approached their table Maeve, Ben and Heidi were all standing up. A waiter was clearing up the empty plates on the table. Heidi smiled once she seen him approach.

"Where were you?" She asked him, frowning slightly.

"Needed air." Tom responded, "I have a headache coming on." He smiled falsely at her, pecking her cheek.

"It was lovely meeting you Tom." Ben spoke up, he smiled charmingly at the man.
"And I'm glad I got seeing you again, Heidi. We should do this again sometime."

Like hell we will.

"It was nice meeting you." Maeve sent a shy smile to Heidi, who responded with a bigger one. Maeve briefly glanced at Tom, muttering a small 'and you' under her breath.

Tom watched the two of them leave. He glared at Ben's hand which was on the small of Maeve's back, guiding her out of the restaurant.

Once he snapped out of his thoughts, he led Heidi out of the restaurant too. There wasn't much talking between them, mostly due to Tom's one worded responses.

He felt relieved to see her black vehicle parked Infront of the restaurant, without paparazzi surrounding it also.

"I had fun tonight." Heid held her purse Infront of her. Tom wondered how she could smile so brightly when he could barely manage a fake one.
"Hopefully we get a chance to do it again." Heidi kissed his cheek, giving him one last goodbye before entering her car.

Tom waved her goodbye through the window, watching the car as it left.
Closing his eyes, a tired sigh escaped him.

"What a night." He muttered.

**

Ben was grinning from ear to ear the entire car ride home. He told Maeve countless stories of his days of working with Heidi Klum. How she told the funniest jokes. How she could make any outfit look good. Her confidence on the runway, and humbleness away from the cameras.

Maeve just nodded along to his words.

Her mind was on other things. On other people.

Tom. Tom. Tom.

God, he was acting so childish.

Seeing his reaction tonight, made her slightly worry about everyone else's reactions to seeing her again. Bill didn't seem too mad over the phone. She hoped Georg and Gustav didn't hate her. How good it would be to see them all again.

Maeve took her phone out of her purse, opening up the messages app. She scrolled down until she found Bill, rereading their conversation from earlier.

Maeve
So when will I see you?

Bill
How about drinks tomorrow night at the Phoenix?

Maeve
Sounds good to me!

Hopefully seeing Bill would ease the stress caused by seeing Tom.

"Everything alright?" Ben frowned, briefly glancing over at her.

"Yeah I'm grand. Just thought I got a notification." Maeve shrugged.

Ben seemed satisfied with her answer, he continued telling her stories from past jobs.

_______

Don't forget to vote 💙
_______