Mo Ghrá.

Maeve frowned as one hand searched the mattress. Tom wasn't laying in bed beside her.

Clumsily she sat up, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. Her eyes adjusted to the morning light, jumping across the room and seeing no sign of Tom. Maeve frowned in confusion, Tom was usually holding her in his arms when she woke up.
She ignored the coldness hitting her body as she pushed the duvet away from her body. Her body screamed at her to return into bed, but she ignored it as she made her way out of the room.

The sweet smell of breakfast wafted through the air in the house. Maeve followed it down into the kitchen. Immediately she saw two plates of fruits, pancakes and two glasses of tea.

Maeve could tell it was early from the mix of purple and pink clouds in the sky.

She looked away from the scene before her only when she heard footsteps approach her. She smiled happily when she saw Tom.

"Morning, flower." Tom smiled boyishly at her. He planted multiple delicate kisses on her face. Maeve felt her smile grow.

"Morning" Maeve mumbled, still tired.

Tom found it adorable. He pulled her closer against him. Immediately Maeve wrapped her arms around his neck and Tom held her waist. She rested her head against his chest as she fought to stay awake.

Tom kissed her head.

"Come on." Tom softly uttered her, guiding her over to the table. Slowly Maeve raised her head from his chest as she walked to where their breakfast was waiting.

Maeve's eyes widened as she seen the large bouquet of wild flowers placed on the kitchen counter. She made her way over to them excitedly, bringing them closer to her face to smell them.

"Thank you!" She giggled as she admired the flowers.

Tom laughed at her expression, his heart warming at the sound of her laugh.

"Anything for you, flower."

______

🤍
_______