Shi- Liu

Venus’ POV 

Stay tuned for this excellent tomato dicer-”

I pressed down on the remote control and the channel instantly changed.

“Hey, bitch! I was watching that.” Brady complained from beside me on the couch.

“You don’t need a tomato dicer.” I said quietly, still flicking through the channels. He huffed loudly as if in agreement, but he kept on complaining, “You never know when I may be making spaghetti.”

Nick, who was sitting on the single armchair, took that chance to burst out laughing.

I controlled the tingles that threatened to shiver down my body. How is it that I have these feelings for him even though I haven’t seen him for years?

Maybe it’s the British accent.

“You hardly like tomatoes Brady.” He said with a smirk.

Yeah, it’s the accent.

I held back a giggle and Brady shot me an annoyed look, “Shouldn’t you be running suicides?”

Nick’s laughter boomed and the small smirk I had fell right off my face.

 Brady started cackling, “I thought so.”

“Speaking of which, Vee shouldn’t you be… training right now?” Nick asked raising a British eyebrow.

I shrugged and tossed the remote to Brady, “I don’t know. It’s Friday. I think I deserve a break.”

“Sounds fair to me.” He replied and leaned back into the armchair.

“But not for me.” Alpha Henny strode into the living room like he owned it—because he really did—and pointed at the back door, “Get your cute lazy ass off the couch and start warming up.”

“I am not lazy.” I countered.

“You lazy whore.” Brady commented and pushed me off the couch, “get to work.”

I wanted to continue arguing and call him out on all the times he’s been lazy but instead I bit my tongue and went upstairs to change into my training gear.

A few minutes later I walked outside wearing an oversized baby blue shirt and black running shorts. I sat down on the grass and while I stretched out my calves, I pulled my hair into a low ponytail.

Alpha Henny, or should I say Coach Henny, came out and looked down at me, “stretch for five minutes, then when I come back we’ll run to the pack house and back instead of running your regular twenty laps, alright?”

“Yes coach.” I sighed.

“Good girl Vee.” And with that he went back inside. Once he did, I let out a big groan.

Unlike every other wolf, I hate exercise.

I wouldn’t mind it if I actually wanted to do it, but right now I’m being forced to do it; it’s for my own safety.

And it also keeps my mind off of Zoltan.

Bastard. When I asked him for his last name so I could look him up on Facebook or the FBI’s wanted list, or something. He’s being elusive.

I stood up and began doing jumping jacks. I could feel my heart rate picking up and pounding in my ears. I remember my heart pounding when I read that simple sentence he sent me

I can cure you, Venus.

I stopped jumping and even though my body was hot, I shivered. I didn’t know what I had could be cured; I didn’t know it was considered a disease.