Jiu

Don't hate me after this chapter. It had to be written.

Starting from the next chapter, I'm going to be dedicating chapters to my Fans and Commenters, because I want to thank them for taking a chance on me and my work. And also simply because I want to lol

Having fun reading!

-Marauding Marlen

===================================================

I had just walked home from school. This was when we were still living in the city. I could tell by the seven flights of stairs I had to walk up to get to our apartment, the elevator never seemed to work for some reason. It was dark out by the time I made it to our floor, I had been at the library working on a project.

 I had just entered our apartment when I overheard my mother and Andromeda in the kitchen.

“Oh my, you have a lot of friends don’t you Andy?” my mother asked Andromeda using her nickname. A light giggle was heard.

“Yeah mom, three sleepovers in one week!”

Through the slightly ajar door, I was able to see my mother gently patting Andromeda’s hair with a small loving smile as Andromeda ate her gelatin, “Don’t be an outcast, like your sister, Andy.”

“Why?”

“She brought shame to the family. Such a disgrace.”

I clenched my hand tightly in an angry fist and ran silently to my room. I already know that my family was ashamed of me, that I was basically unwanted; it just hurt to hear it come directly from her mouth.

 Emotions running through you only cause pain.

I violently threw things around my room. I shoved everything off my desk; it sent papers flying all over. My lamp banged onto the floor with a spark. Anger was still coursing through my body; I wasn’t able to think straight.

Turn them off, Venus.

 I shouted out my frustration and kicked my dresser over, the drawers sliding open. I yanked my old comforter off and threw it over my vanity—not wanting to see how demented I looked.

Cut off your emotions, Venus.

I gave up fell to the ground. I cradled my knees, turning me into a ball. The tears were stinging my eyes, making everything blurry. I closed my eyes, and I saw as my small hand reached out and turned the faucet’s knob. It stopped the emotions from rushing out.

I whimpered loudly and clutched my chest in pain. It hurt so much, but the anger from me had vanished. It was worth it. 

I turned over in my bed and fell asleep again.

“Venus, Venus, oh-so-ugly. Venus, Venus, big and fat! Venus, Venus, big four-eyed. Venus, Venus, what a sight!”

I sniffled back a sob and rubbed my eyes while I waited for the dreaded last verse to the song. The girls circled in closer, and shoved me down with an evil chuckle. My thick glasses flew off as I hit the tiles on the bathroom floor.

The floor was sticky with God knows what.

The biggest girl of the three leaned down and harshly whispered the last verse into my ear, “Venus. Venus. So disgusting.” Right before they all stepped on me. The breath was forced out of my, making it even harder for me not to cry.

I didn’t let out a single tear until they had walked out of the Girls’ bathroom. Only then, I let out all of my tears and gathered my things that were scattered all over the bathroom. They had grabbed my backpack, opened it, turned it upside down and shook all of its contents out.