Er-Shi-Qi

TRIGGERS: VIOLENCE AND ALCOHOLISM.

****

I slammed my locker open and quickly shoved in all my books. I was not in the mood today to actually do any work at home.

 When I had walked into art class I was pleasantly surprised to see Nick sitting in the back of the class. Mr. Campbell also looked at me and said, "Welcome back! I would give you a hug, but I love my job. So take this sticker as a hug instead." And he gave me a sticker of a teddy bear hugging a star with the words "Good Job!" written across the bottom.

 I gave him a bright smile, "thank you, I really missed this class." I placed the sticker on my sweater.

 The rest of the class helped relax my nerves. While in econ, I felt like my very being was going to set on fire. And now, I felt cool and calm.

 The class consisted of me working on my sculpture while Nick asked me what each and every one of the tools did. What effects they left, how to use them and such. I really relied on the regular old chisel because it gave me the most freedom to do what I want. You had to keep a steady hand or else you'd get a different result than what you were expecting.

 Mr. Campbell asked him to stay behind so he could talk to him about what he was going to do for his final project, seeing as how he's entered late. He has a lot of choices to pick from like sculpture, canvas, and ink sketches. He has little time to decide.

 I put the last textbook in my bag into my locker before I closed it. I untwisted my lock and secured my locker. I was hoisting my bag up onto my shoulder and wasn't expecting the slam into my back that sent me face first into the dirty metal.

 Groaning I shot away from the metal. I gripped my nose, the pain excruciating. I looked up to see a guy in front of me

 "You're a freak." A guy spat at me. I had never seen him before in my life I felt my nose running, but I knew it wasn't mucus. The dark blood on my hand assured me it wasn't.

 "Your disrespect deserved expulsion from your pack!" the guy hissed stepping closer to me.  My brain couldn't register anything but the pain shooting up my nose to my forehead.

 I took steps back, my back towards the open hallway, "I-I-I-I don't"

 Suddenly a hand shot out and gripped him by the jugular. The guy was picked up by his neck and shoved up against the same locker he smashed my face into.

 Nick.

 "WHO ARE YOU TO DISRESPECT MY LUNA!" He was growling in the guys face.

 He slammed him against the locker,

 Nicks voice dropped low, it sounded deadly as he said, "harm to the Luna is answered with death."

 The guys eyes went wide, he was gasping for breath and kicking his feet out but Nick wasn't going to let go anytime soon. "Do I make myself clear." Nick growled out, but he was holding the guy from the throat so he couldn't even nod.

 "Nick!" I shouted. But he didn't ease up on the guy. His face was past red and started to turn practically blue.

 "Do I make, myself clear?" Nick slowly growled out.

 I took a deep breath and said, "Drop him. Right now."

 I saw his body stiffen before he relaxed his arm, allowing the guy to collapse onto the floor. The guy was hunched over on the floor, coughing for air.

 "Get away from her before I deem you a removable threat."

 The guy jumped up from the floor and ran down the hall as quickly as he could. I stood there watching Nick in a new light.