Chapter 28- Breakthrough

Being on time was something I’d always tried to do and usually always did. However when your sister texts you at last minute demanding you be at a dress fitting in fifteen minutes where when you were at least a good thirty minutes away was just not something even superman could pull off.

 As the little shop comes into view I check the time on my clock and relief is not one of the feelings that come over me. Heather is sure to have my head for this. Poor punctuality was not on my sisters list of good qualities and I was sure to hear about the minute she catches sight of me.

 It was about ten minutes after five as I pull into the closest parking spot to the door. Hannigan’s looked to be almost empty apart from a few cars spread out across the lot. I suppose most of them were employees though seeing as the shop closed at exactly five o’ clock. Brandy must have kept the store open late until I could make it.

As I make my way inside the familiar blonde behind the counter I’d missed so much comes bounding in my direction, the look of joy quite evident on her face. If had to guess I would say it had been close to a month since I saw her last.

“Farrah Bryant, I was wondering when I was going to see you again!” She squeals before wrapping me up in suffocating hug. “You know I was just telling Charlie, the other day, how it’s been too long.”

“Good to see you to Brandy.” I chuckle as she releases me. “How is Charlie anyway?”

“Oh you know him, always busy. We’ve really missed you though.” She adds.

“I’ve missed you two.” I say truthfully. “You know I would have visited sooner if…”

I wasn’t really sure if I wanted to finish that sentence. I was doing my best to push those terrible memories of what Blake had done out of my mind but so far it wasn’t going so well. Especially since we were in his sisters dress shop talking about that vary person in question.

“I know.” She says with the shake of her head. “My brother can be a real jerk sometimes. You better believe I let him hear about it when I got the news. I was shocked he could be so dumb.”

You weren’t the only one.

“I really thought you two were it. I was already picturing you trying on a wedding dress here for your wedding one day.” She smiles.

A deep blush rose upon my cheeks at that. She pictured Blake and me getting married? I never even thought about that, at least not so soon. And definitely not now.

I stood silent as I really didn’t know what to say at that point. The moment was a little awkward to say the least.

 “I guess you’re with the Bryant/Parker wedding party, then?” She asks putting an end to the silence which I was thankful for.

“Yes. Heather told me to meet-”

“There you are!” Heather yells as she marches towards me looking not at all pleased by my tardiness. “I told you to be here by five. You could have at least been prompt. ”

“I tried but you didn’t exactly give me much time.” I argue, not that it would do much good, especially when heather was in Bridezilla mode.  

“We’ll you’re here now so that all that matters.”

Before I have a chance to respond Heather drags me to the changing rooms in the back gathering a bit of attention from the hand full of people who were inside the store. She was obviously not interested wasting any time.

 “Here try this on.” She says ushering me into one of the spacious rooms not sparing me a minute to examine the dress she had handed me.

Once the door closes behind I hold the beautiful gray piece of fabric in fount of me admiring its beauty. I had to admit Heather had taste. I couldn’t have picked out a better dress myself. I was definitely thankful it was something eye catching.