Chapter 23- Girls Night

(Chapter 23- Girls Night)

One good thing about being friends with Olivia and Grace is they knew everything, even before I did.  So who do you think filled me in on the latest news as soon as I got home? Yep that’s right, those very two same people. Well Mostly Grace because Olivia was just leaving the police station where Thomas’s brother Brad worked and I could only gather small parts of information from her. It was hard to understand her when she’s frantic.

I would have never thought so much could happen in just the two days were we’re gone but apparently I was wrong. It seems Thomas, Olivia and the rest of “the four” we’re involved in a not so pleasant confrontation with an old rival. And by that I mean there were more fist talking than mouths. Apparently this guy from their past had done some very unsavory things and it was Thomas's way of paying him back. 

Lucky for me though, since I couldn’t get much from what Olivia said over the phone earlier Grace was more than happy to fill me in on everything I’d missed. Although I’m sure it will be much more entertaining when Olivia gets here to tell us the story herself. Once she calms down that is.

Here I was still sitting here taking in all the news Grace more than willingly spilt out, and a million thoughts were running through my mind. One, where had I heard that name before? And two, what was the fight about?

“Travis Milton, Travis Milton.” I mutter to myself while playing an internal game of memory in my head. “Who is that?”

“Don’t know.” She shrugs.

Just then my phone beeps and I quickly pick it up from the kitchen counter in hopes it was Brody letting me know something. As soon as he dropped me off he left to find Thomas and the guys and I hadn’t heard from him since.

I tried to talk him into letting me come with him but he wouldn’t let me. Something about not wanting me inside a police station being overrun by criminals. I thought it was kind of sweet. He was worried about me.

The obnoxious sound of my phone beeping again brought me from my thoughts enough to answer it. After reading over the text I relayed the information to Grace who was waiting for me to say something.

“Olivia’s on her way.”

I guess Brody and Thomas are still sorting everything out. As much as I would love for it to have been him on the phone I know he needs his guy time to.

An unladylike growl from my stomach reminds me that I haven’t eaten since breakfast and immediately all thoughts go to food. I wonder what we even have in the house.

“Are you hungry?”

“Are you kidding?” She chuckles. “Mom has been on an all Jell-O diet for months. I’m always hungry. Even I’ve lost weight.

That was humorous coming from her because this girl is the size of a toothpick. She has the biggest apatite known to man yet she never gains a pound. If only we could all be so lucky. I’m quite jealous of her metabolism.  

I jump down from the counter and begin rummaging through the cabinets and fridge to see what I can find. No one was in the house to cook so that meant it was up to me to fend for myself and well…I’m not the best cook. If it doesn’t come frozen it doesn’t get made.

My eyes light up when I spot the supreme pizza on the second shelf of the freezer. Its meaty goodness was calling out to me and I couldn’t resist. Who doesn’t love pizza?

Within a matter of minutes the pizza is out of the box and inside the oven cooking. Well the best it can in a not preheated oven. I hope I can last the thirty minutes it takes to bake this thing.