Chapter 17 Passions Fulfilled

A week after our announcement, Paris and I were married in the temple of Hera. Surrounded by Paris' family. All of Troy, both noble and common, were there to witness our union. It was a rare glimmer of happiness for a city besieged by sadness. Pollux was happy for both Hermione and I, the gods had given us a man that would protect us and love us. Something that Menelaus never did. After the ceremony in the temple, all Trojans were invited to the upper city to celebrate our marriage. Priam wanted all of Troy to drink and feast, we had suffered so much hardship over the last few months. If they could forget about the war, even if for a little while. It would be something to remember. All of Troy was happy that prince Paris had finally found a wife. A wife that was loyal to Troy. As everyone both noble and common made their way to the upper city, I snuck upstairs to visit Hermione. We kept the children at the palace, the ceremony would have been too much for both Hermione and Astyanax who were still babies after all. When I entered our chambers, the wet nurse was putting Hermione in her cradle. When she saw me, she gave me a small bow before moving to sit going out to the balcony to give me some privacy. I walked over to the cradle and saw Hermione asleep. Her little hand clutching the rattle in her hand. I leaned over and planted a small kiss on her forehead. She stirred for a moment but fell back asleep. I already knew that Hermione was going to grow into a beautiful woman. That my beauty had been passed down onto her. I hoped that her mind would match her beauty. But only time would tell. I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"I thought I would find you here," Paris whispered into my ear. I smiled and leaned against his chest. I had barely seen Paris in the last week. Both Hecuba and Andromache had occupied most of my time, preparing for both the wedding ceremony and the wedding feast. Oftentimes Paris would collapse in bed exhausted from the day's battle. Even though we were getting married, there was no time to relax. I looked up at him.

"I wanted to see my beautiful daughter before the feast, I missed her," I replied honestly. Paris moved my hair aside and planted a line of kisses on my neck. I tilted my neck to give him better access. Part of me wished to skip the feast altogether and remain here in our chambers.

"I know, I wanted to see her too. She has grown so much since your arrival in Troy. Shde is such a beautiful little thing," he said. I let out a small laugh. Thinking about how small she was when we first arrived here.

"She has grown, and will continue to grow," I replied. He laughed while I turned in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. Wanting to keep him trapped in my embrace, never let him go.

"We should skip the feast tonight, go to the wedding chambers and never leave them," Paris whispered. I smiled, he was thinking the same thing I was. Paris pressed his lips to mine. His hands roaming my waist and bottom. I moaned in his mouth, which allowed him to slip his tongue in my mouth. My hand traveled down to grasp him through his tunic. He groaned, pulling my hair back to meet his gaze.

"We should go down stairs, or else they will come and look for us," I whispered. Moving my hand to his chest. Paris pressed his lips to mine once again. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

"I love you so much Helen," Paris breathed. I smiled against his cheek. The love we shared was true, truer than any love I had seen in a long time. Our love reminded me of the love tht my parents shared. That Hector shared with his wife Andromache.

"I love you too, Paris, never forget that," I replied. He kissed me one more time before calling the wet nurse back into the room. Before we left and made our way down to the main courtyard where the feast was being held. As we entered, the feast was already underway. Nobles drinking and eating, talking to one another. Some were watching the dancers. We made our way up to the main table where the royal family was seated. Hector and Andromache were talking intimately and smiling at one another. Pollux was over in the corner flirting with a noble girl. Both were laughing and the girl was flushed. When Priam saw us enter the courtyard, he stood up and held up his cup, his cheeks flushed from drink.