Chapter 15 Anger and Passion

As I came too, I heard Agamemnon screaming from behind us. Blood spurted from Menelaus' wound onto my face and gown. I pulled out my dagger and fell to my knees. Menelaus stumbled back clutching his neck.

"The Trojan whore has murdered her husband and king. The Trojans have broken the agreement. ATTACK! 100 gold pieces for whoever brings me the Spartan whore's head," Agamemnon roared, raising his sword.

"ARCHERS, GET READY," Hector commanded. I felt hands grab my waist pulling me away from Menelaus' body which lay nearby. Blood pooling onto the sand. I turned to fight whoever had grabbed me, but it was my brother. He all but dragged me back to my horse. He helped me mount my horse. And wrapped the reins tightly in my hands. I could feel the darkness returning once more, it danced around the edge of my vision.

"Go, get out of here," Pollux cried over the roar of the two armies rushing toward one another. He slapped the horse's rear. It reared up before turning and heading toward the main gate. The Trojan army parted and my horse raced into the city. One guard took the reins, while the other caught me as I fell off the horse.

"My lady," the guard cried. I turned my head and saw Paris riding in on his horse. The two guards pushing the massive gates closed. Paris jumped down and limped over to us. Taking me in his arms, he fell to the dirt holding me. I buried my face into his chest sobbing. Paris was alive, we both had survived. He pulled away cupping my face, I winced as he touched my cheek. Which was no doubt bruised from the attack.

"What were you thinking Helen, you could have been killed! You should have not have interfered with the duel," Paris cried. He stared into his eyes and I cupped his cheek. He leaned into my touch. I knew he was right, but the thought of losing him. It was too much to bear. He had to know that I would do anything for him... I loved him.

"I could not allow you to die for me Paris. You did not deserve to die by his hand, you did not deserve such fate. You deserve to live. I love you Paris," I whispered weakly. The shadows are getting larger. He pressed his lips to mine and I clung to him. I weakly pulled away, my body going limp. My head falling to his chest.

"Helen, HELEN! HELP! The queen of Sparta needs help, get the physician," Paris screamed as the darkness took over once again. And the whole world slipped away.

...

"She will come back to you son," Priam said softly. I felt my head swimming. I was in that inky blackness again. But this time I could not see Zues or any god. It was just blackness.

"She killed Menelaus for me, plunging a dagger into his neck. She braver than any man I know," Paris said. I could hear the anxiety in his voice.

"What you say is true Paris, she is brave. And she was willing to sacrifice her own life for yours. It is something I will be indebted to her for. She suffered two terrible blows to the head. Just give her time. She will wake up," Priam said. I heard soft weeping.

"And what if she does not wake up father? What if I have lost her forever," Paris cried. I could hear the rustling of skirts. That had to be his mother. Both Hecuba and Priam were there. Comforting Paris in his time of need.

"Then we do right by her and raise her daughter. Protect Hermione like she was our own. Helen deserves peace after her short tragic life," Hecuba said. I shook my head, I was not dying today. I would wake up and see Paris again. I would wake up and see Hermione, my daughter again. Death is not taking me away from my daughter. So with all the strength I had, I did the one thing I wanted to do... I screamed.

...

My eyes opened and I was not in my chambers, but on a cot in the main courtyard. The full moon greeted me. The constellations speckled around it. I looked over and saw Paris slumped on a stool. His wounded leg propped up on the bed. His hands folded on his stomach. It was night? How long had I been unconscious? Was the battle over already? Did both Hector Pollux survive the battle? I slowly sat up and moaned, the pain in my head was still there but it was not as painful as it was before. I heard Paris stirring beside me. He opened his beautiful eyes and met mine. I watched as relief flooded his face. He moved to sit beside me and pull me into his arms. Pressing his lips to my forehead. I buried my face in the crook of his neck.