Baby Car Seat

Friday 6th October 2023

Izzy's POV

I am 27 weeks pregnant and today, me and Jake are going shopping for a baby car seat for our son to be put in Jake's car.

The law is that you can't leave the hospital with the baby, if you haven't got a baby car seat for them.

We arrived in the shopping centre as Jake parked his car. He helped me to get out of the car.

"Easy Izzy, don't worry I've got you." Jake exclaimed.

"Jake, I'm only 27 weeks pregnant." I exclaimed.

"Exactly, and you're on the last week of your second trimester." Jake exclaimed.

"It goes by so quickly." I exclaimed.

"And in ten weeks, our baby could be popping out of you." Jake exclaimed.

"He's due in 13 weeks Jake." I exclaimed.

"I know but pregnancy can last between 37 and 42 weeks." Jake exclaimed.

"No uterus, no opinion." I exclaimed.

Jake's POV

We were in the shop and we were looking at the baby car seats.

"What about this one?" I asked Izzy as I picked it up.

"No, not that one." Izzy exclaimed.

"What about this one?" I asked her.

"Nope, not the right colour." Izzy exclaimed.

"They're all black." I exclaimed.

"Okay what about this one?" I asked her.

"No, not the right size." Izzy exclaimed.

We spent an hour going through the baby car seats until we finally came across one that Izzy finally liked.

"This one is perfect." Izzy exclaimed.

"Great. Let's buy it and put it in my car." I exclaimed.

We bought it and we went to my car. I carried the baby car seat.

"Oh Jake, it looks like you're carrying our baby when we leave the hospital after Issac's birth." Izzy exclaimed as she kissed me on my cheek.

I opened the door and I placed Issac's baby car seat in the back seat on the left, Izzy's side.

"Wow, we're really going to be entering a new chapter." Izzy exclaimed.

I can't wait to start this next chapter with Izzy and our child.