First Ultrasound Scan

Friday 26th May 2023

Izzy's POV

I was getting my first ultrasound scan and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I was very excited and nervous at the same time. I was excited that I was going to see our little baby for the first time.

We were waiting in the waiting room and I was reading a magazine about labour and giving birth.

"Oh my gosh, it says in here that labour can last up to 48 hours." I exclaimed.

"Well if you read an article on this..." Jake began before I took his magazine off him.

I began to hit him with it.

"Okay geez Izzy." Jake exclaimed.

"You are the reason why I'm pregnant." I exclaimed.

"Yes I know." Jake exclaimed.

"Isabella Green?" I heard my name get called as me and Jake stood up.

"Hi." I greeted my genealogist.

"If you can take a seat, I will explain to you what will happen today." She exclaimed.

We took a seat.

"So we will do a pelvic tap test to make sure everything is healthy down there. We will do an ultrasound scan to make sure your baby is healthy. Can you get dressed into this hospital gown and I will come back in." She explained about what was going to happen and she passed me the hospital gown.

She left the room and I began to get changed into my hospital gown. I was sitting down on the exam table with a sheet on my lap.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asked me as he held my hand.

"I'm a bit nervous for this pelvic tap exam but I'm excited to see our child for the first time." I exclaimed as Jake kissed my lips.

"You'll be fine, it's just to make sure everything is okay down there. I'm also excited to see our child for the first time." Jake exclaimed as I smiled.

"What's this?" Jake asked me as he picked up the instrument that opens up my cervix and he started to play with it.

"That's to open up my cervix." I exclaimed as he immediately dropped them.

Jake's POV

As I dropped the instrument that opens up Izzy's vagina but I heard a sound of a crack. I looked down and saw that they were broken.

"Jake, what was that sound???" Izzy asked me, very worried.

I picked up the instrument and showed it to Izzy.

"You broke it???" Izzy asked me, really annoyed.

I hid it behind my back, when I heard the door open and saw Izzy's gynaecologist come in.

"Hello are you ready Izzy?" She asked her.

"Well unfortunately the thing you use to open up her cervix is broken but I can open it up for you." I exclaimed.

"Jake!" Izzy called out my name.

"Don't worry I know my way down there." I exclaimed.

"Jake!" Izzy yelled my name again.

"It's okay Mr. Hutchinson, we have another pair." The Gynaecologist exclaimed.

"Jake, come and stand by my head, so you don't embarrass me again." Izzy exclaimed as I stood by her head.

Izzy's POV

"Okay Izzy, can you put your feet on the stirrers?" She asked me as I spread my legs apart and put my feet on the cold stirrers.

She began to use the tool open up my vagina and began to check sure everything was okay. It was a bit uncomfortable as I could feel the tools inside me.

"Okay everything is good down there. We will do the ultrasound scan now." The Anaesthesiologist exclaimed.

She began to set the equipment up such as the computer, the scanner, and the object they use to move on your lower stomach.

"This is the moment Izz, this is when we're going to see our baby for the first time." Jake exclaimed as he held my hand and kissed my forehead.

"Izzy, can you lift your hospital gown up please?" The gynaecologist asked me as I lifted my hospital gown up a bit while the sheet was covering my private part.

"This might be cold." She exclaimed as she rubbed cold gel on my stomach.

"Oh my god, that's cold." I gasped as I jumped when I felt the coldness.

She began to move the object around my lower stomach and she was clicking on her keyboard.

"Do you see that size of a raspberry?" She asked us.

We nodded.

"That's your baby." She exclaimed as I began to get emotional.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I felt tears of happiness coming to my eyes.

"Yep I'm dead." Jake exclaimed.

"Do you two want a minute to yourselves?" She asked us.

"Yes please." I exclaimed as I kept looking at the monitor, my baby.

She left the room as she closed the door behind her.

"Oh my god, that's our developing child in your womb." Jake exclaimed as I looked at him with a smile on my face and with tears in my eyes.

"I know, I can't believe we're seeing our baby for the first time. Just so many emotions like once our baby is born, our lives are going to change forever. Peter will probably kill us. We're going to be parents." I exclaimed as I wiped my tears of happiness.

"He'll definitely kill me. What about we don't tell him." Jake suggested.

"Jake, my pregnancy is going to be noticeable within a few months. We're going have to tell him. Besides it's up to us especially me, since I'm carrying our child, to keep our child." I exclaimed.

"You're right, and he's going to be the grandpa of our child since he treated us like we were his children." Jake exclaimed as we kissed.

We heard the door open and it was my gynaecologist.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" She asked us.

"We're feeling really happy along these other mix of emotions." I exclaimed.

"I know, it's a very exciting journey." The gynaecologist exclaimed. "Would you like a copy of your scan?" She asked us.

"Yes please." I exclaimed.

She gave us a copy of our first scan.

"Look Jake, our little baby." I whispered as I felt tears coming down my face.

"He or she is our little creation." Jake exclaimed as he kissed me on my forehead.