Hormones

Friday 3rd June 2023

Jake's POV

Izzy's morning sickness has gotten so bad, I've had to make her stay in bed for all of the morning but she wants to make the use of every morning instead of lying in bed.

7:00am

I heard someone throwing up in the bathroom. Izzy. I got out of bed and went down to the bathroom. I knocked on the door.

"Izz? Are you okay in there?" I asked her.

"What do you think??" Izzy yelled while she kept throwing up.

I opened the door and saw her holding her hair back. I went over to her and held her hair back.

"Why does morning sickness have to come with pregnancy?" Izzy groaned.

"I don't know Izz but I do know that it will be over soon." I exclaimed.

After Izzy was done throwing up, she got up off the floor and flushed the toilet.

"Come on Izz, back to bed." I exclaimed.

"But I don't want to go back to bed." Izzy groaned.

"Izz, you need to rest. Okay, you can sleep in my bed, I'll take care of you." I exclaimed.

"Fine..." Izzy sighed as I walked her back to my bed.

Izzy fell asleep in my bed as soon as she layed down in it.

"Sweet dreams love, and you two, my little baby." I whispered in her ear and to her stomach, where our baby is growing and developing in her.

Izzy's POV

I woke up really groggy, I looked at my phone and saw that it was 1pm. I got out of bed and I walked downstairs.

I saw Jake and Cubby sitting in the living room, watching TV. I sat down in the chair in the living room, with a tray full of loads of food.

"Izz? Isn't that a lot of good for you?" Jake asked me as I stared at him, annoyed.

Jake's POV

"Or maybe not." I exclaimed.

Her hormones have been acting up, she'll be happy at one point, then next she will have a massive mood swing.

"I can't believe you don't let me get out of bed in the morning!" Izzy yelled at me.

"Izz..." I tried to talk but Izzy kept interrupting me.

"I know why you're not letting me get up in the mornings is because you and Cubby hide all the food away from me!" Izzy yelled at me.

"Izzy...what are you talking about? We're not keeping any food away from you." I exclaimed.

She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"There she goes again." Cubby exclaimed.

"I know. She just takes it out on me." I exclaimed.

"Well you are her boyfriend." Cubby exclaimed.

Izzy's POV

I was sitting on my bed, scrolling through my phone. I was really annoyed at Jake because he was insulting my food choices.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Izz?" Jake called me as he came into the room.

"What was that about?" Jake asked me as he stood in front of me.

"You just insult my food choices all the time!" I yelled at him.

"What?? No I don't. Look you're overreacting." Jake exclaimed.

"Oh so now I'm overreacting?!" I yelled at him.

"I meant to say your hormones are acting up. I know you don't mean what you say." Jake exclaimed as he sat down next to me.

I started to feel my mood swing go away.

"I'm sorry Jake, I was just in a bad mood for no reason. I'm sorry for yelling at you." I apologised to him and he gave me a hug.

"It's okay, it's just your pregnancy hormones acting up. I can tolerate it. I love you." Jake exclaimed as he moved some of my hair out the way and kissed my head.

"I love you too." I exclaimed.

I think our hug will help our unborn child feel more connected to us since we're touching each other.

Jake rubbed my stomach and smiled at me.