chapter 27

THIRD POV

"The top 42 made it to the next round " The crowd roared with cheers while Midnight explained the next challenge.  Meanwhile Y/N stayed in the student section with her head in a hood. 

Bakugou looks pissed. Absolutely pissed. Midoriya just absolutely destroyed him in the race and you can practically see the steam coming off of him. But what freaked Y/N out the most was how pissed Todoroki looked. 

Y/N knew what bloodlust looked like first hand. She knew and could tell from a mile away what it felt like to be beside someone angry. Someone who had intent to wreak havoc. And Todoroki...

She knew he wasn't too far from it. 

Mina and the other's weren't too displeased and the pink haired girl even waved up at Y/N. But Y/N couldn't do anything other than send a really small smile.

 It's been a week. Since she saw that picture that's been haunting her. It can't be a coincidence. Don't trust anyone. 

Y/N breathes out looking on the field with complete calm. But the thoughts are piling up. Don't trust anyone.

She pushes off her chair in the middle of Midnight's speech moving inside of the hallways of the arena. Don't trust anyone.

Y/N looked down at her hands and suddenly it felt like she wasn't in control. But what made it even worse was the fact that the same dark smoke begun to fill the hall. The daunting smell of ash consuming every crack and every inch of the hallway. 

Y/N froze coughing. Her eyes darting from the walls or what she thought were the walls. 

It was all dark. 

Until a small light lit up revealing an unexpected appearance.

"Teach" She voices out as teach stands out in front of her. The woman still looks as she did before. This time the image of her was clearer than the time at USJ. 

Teach opens her mouth but right when the words are about to come out her figure disappears.

The H/C haired girl stumbled backwards, the rising anxiety building when the sound of crackling fire rings through the walls.  

"Skip. skip. skip." Y/N snaps her head to the singsong voice to find a man. 

A man she knows. 

Dabi.

"Dabi" She coughs out straightening up. She knew Dabi for two reasons. One was the fact that he was once on the kill list. Two girls always thirst over him on the dark web. Y/N found it obnoxious. He's, in her opinion, overhyped.

"You know. I've heard so much about you," He plays with something in his hand.

"But I never knew you were afraid of fire" The smoke around her gets stronger. Darker.

"I'm not." She retorts her voice dripped with venom but he only sends back an amusing smirk.

"The trembling really helps your case" Y/N didn't falter but narrowed her eyes. Energy waves of red forming around her hands. He didn't fail to notice and put his hands up like he was surrendering.

"I'm not here to fight." She tilted her head furrowing her eyebrows.

"Then what you're here for a cookie?" He snorted entertained.

"I'm here to tell you the truth," She eyed him carefully.

"Because we're on the same team"

"We are not on the same team." 

"Oh but we are." The man was getting on her nerves. The glowing energy around her hands got bigger and she was about to jump at him.

"You saw the picture," She stopped. 

"The big three" He clarified. 

"Hina and Natsuki," Her heart was beating fast and she couldn't take her eyes off of the only source of information she could get.

"How did you know" 

"I know a lot of things,"

"Like who the boy on the right was and what he did" 

"But that's something you'll find out soon" 

"You're lying." She called out in disbelief. Confused. She's been struggling finding out things that have been pushed under the carpet. But she knew that Dabi wasn't the answer...

"You can find out yourself. He's here in this building" Or was he the answer.

"I'll give you a hint skip." She knew she was in charge of keeping him out and keeping everyone safe but. She couldn't move. She would't move.

"He likes fire just as much as I do" Those words rang out before the purple haired boy disappeared. She blinked and the hallway was back to normal. 

Everything was back to normal.

Except everything was not normal at all.

A/N : EVEN MORE SILLY