chapter 23

THIRD POV

"I think I'll let to two of you talk" Two beats passed after Mitsuki left Bakugou and Y/N in the dimly lit kitchen.

His eyes were dead locked on her figure. Almost as if he was scared she was going to disappear. Her eyes intentionally avoiding his gaze- praying that this whole situation was not happening. 

Two seconds ago she had decided that she would figure out what to say throughout the night and then talk to the class... and well- Bakugou- in the morning.

She had a few options. One- attempt to teleport even though she has no stamina at all and will look extremely dumb if she doesn't teleport. Or two- face him like a big girl and get it over with.

Well. She chose option three. Attempting to walk away like nothing happened.

"You gotta be shittin' me right now." His hand pulled her right back positioning her so she was looking right up at him. She turn her head. 

Pretending like he wasn't there. Again.

"For fucks sake" His hand grabbed her jaw gently and tilted her head back to facing him. This time Y/N couldn't escape. She couldn't hide her puffy red eyes and the rosy glow on her cheeks. While looking at him she thought he hadn't noticed- But then it was evidently clear that he definitely noticed.

"I had an allergic reaction to something outside" She coughed out. He snorted before letting go of her jaw.

"Yeah?" She looked away from his gaze again.

"Yep" 

She heard a long sigh draw out. One that told her that he was relieved. For whatever reason it was comforting- still the lingering question of what he truly thought of her and who she was, was still up in the air.

It wasn't until Bakugou spoke up- her question slowly started to answer itself.

"Please don't do that again shit head"

"Never- again" His voice wavered. Guilt replaced the panic inside. She hadn't realized it until this moment that Bakugou was shaking. He huffed a little before running a hand through his hair. 

"I'm sorry-" Her voice was still quiet so Bakugou listened carefully.

"But I'm going to keep protecting you-" Bakugou tensed before towering over her.

"No. No you're not. You're never gonna do that again. Ya hear me?" His brows furrowed while his voice got a little louder.

"I am but you're not hearing me. I'll be fine. You can't stop me-" Y/N didn't get to finish her sentence.

"Don't give me that fuckin' bullshit you're going to end up killing yourself"  There was a little spark that ignited in Bakugou. His gut was slowly twisting.

"I know" His gut twisted a little further.

"No you fuckin' don't" His heart was pounding as he stepped even closer. 

"People need you" The blond haired boy looked in the girls eyes. She looked back in his holding the eye contact. 

"Yeah so I'm going to keep protecting them until I end up dead" Her voice raised, echoing throughout the kitchen. 

"No the fuck you aren't. I won't let you. I will never let you-" He barked out and before he could even finish,

Y/N snapped.

"Bakugou you don't have a choice. You have no say in this. This is not something you can control or decide for me-" She spoke through her teeth seething

"I won't decide for you but if you think I'll let you just throw everything away you're dead wrong." He opened his mouth to continue but he stopped after looking into her eyes. Her eyes sparkled with passion. She was ready to fight for this- Bakugou knew she was. 

"Fuck. Y/N you don't understand." He breathed out.

"I do fucking understand. I've always understood. I keep the balance. I protect people who need to be protected. I fight until someone dies- even if that means I die" Her heart was aching a little more. Her memories flying through her head. Flashing by like a sped up movie. Teach. The fire. The training. The over bearing pressure. 

"That way you can continue to work towards number one hero- or Denki and Kirishima can play Wii or so Mina can enjoy her peaceful life with friends." Her words slowed down and her fists forming fists.

"My purpose is to keep balance so everyone can live a happy normal life. So-" She broke the eye contact. She was furrowing her eyebrows and maybe she didn't know it but tears were forming in her eyes.

"What if their happy normal life includes you in it shit head. What if Mina's normal happy life is a life with you as a best friend. What if shitty hair and dunce face's normal happy life is a life where you play wii with them." He watched as she fought the surprise showing on her face.

"Well I-" she stuttered back.

"What if my normal happy life is one with you in it." She froze.

"And what about your normal happy life" They both froze. Almost as if they were stuck in a picture. Their eye contact held.

Three beats past. The staring contest continuing on while the both of them processed what had been said. The silence in the kitchen became almost unbearable- until well... someone sneezed. And it wasn't either of the two of them.

The two heads quickly snapped their gaze to the sound. Both of them blinking wondering if they were hearing things. But then the tension in the air got a lot thicker.

Class 1-A was standing in the door frame.

And well Y/N and Bakugou...

Were fucked.

A/N : I'M SORRY I KEEP LEAVING YOU GUYS. I'M DETERMINED TO FINISH THIS BOOK BUT I JUST STARTED SCHOOL AND I'M ON THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM AND I'M LEADING THE SPORTS PAGE FOR MY SCHOOL'S YEARBOOK AND I'M COACHING THE GRADE 9 VOLLEYBALL TEAM AND I'M A VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR IN STUDENT COUNCIL. BUT I'LL WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER ASAP :')