chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

I couldn't breath. Something was suffocating me. 

I was sitting in the class like usual. 

But this time I couldn't breath. 

I tried not to panic looking around subtly if anyone else was struggling like I was. But no one moved. Aizawa was teaching, Blondy was boredly watching. Mina was looking at her nails. Iida was taking notes-

They were unbothered.

My throat tightened. 

I could feel the sweat building up on my forehead. 

My face feels like burning oil.

Shivers flying up my spin. 

No one spared a glance at me- and maybe if someone looked from the outside they would say I'm just like everyone else.

But they wouldn't know that I can't breath.

My hand turns white as I grip my desk. I can't take a breath in neither let one out.

My eyes start to water but no one spares a glance. 

I shut my eyes. The world spins and then I feel the suffocating feeling disappear. 

The knot in my throat vanished and my eyes snapped open.

I gasped for air. Throwing myself sitting up straight.

My hands gripping something soft. 

My breaths are quick as if they're going to disappear again. But they slow down when I realize they aren't leaving any time soon.

But even with my breaths back there's this lingering panic. I shift in my spot after realizing that I'm not in the classroom anymore. There's this beeping in the corner of the room. 

It's dark so I can't quite decipher where I am.

I do my best to push myself off the bed- wires are pulling me back. I thread my fingers through them before pulling them out of my arms. 

The world spins a few times when I'm sitting up. My hands rub my eyes harshly until it's stable again. I slip onto the cold floor. 

My feet feel like they're going to give out on my as I take a step in the dark room. 

I spin in the room slowly looking for any clues. The bed, the beeping, the wires- I'm at the hospital.

A new found pain emerged from my upper rib. My teeth clamping down on my tongue to muffle my scream. 

Maybe I was too shocked to realize it earlier but there was pain everywhere. 

My eyes spot a lonely flower on the windowsill. It's glowing in the moonlight. 

I run over to it almost desperately to quickly run my fingers over the petals. The flower crumbles but energy surges through me. 

My legs feel stronger and the pain eases. A heavy breath escapes my lips before I turn towards the door. 

If I stayed there's no doubt Aizawa or the class would find me. They can probably bring me hom- No. no. no no they can't.

It's like I'm forgetting the most important detail. I lied to them. I'm an assassin who killed more than 100 criminals in front of them. 

I'm the assassin who's been the cause of fear for so long. 

I've been hiding among them for so long. 

I've been lying to them for so long. 

I'm not like them. 

I was never supposed to be.

My head rings and I shut my eyes remembering the things teach told me. But when I think about it nothing makes sense. But my mind shifts else where. The faces of my friends. 

The tears forming in my eyes are enough to decipher my feelings about them. 

Mina. Ochako. Kirishima. Denki. Sero. Tsu. Momo. Jirou. Todoroki-

Bakugou. 

My fist turn into balls when the harsh reality looms over me.

But what if they won't take me back. What if they shut me out. What if I never see them again. What if I hurt them. What if I kill them. What if they put me away. What if they forget about me-

"S-she's awake" A clip board drops to the floor. That's when I realized my legs completely gave out. 

I'm sitting on the floor. 

My eyes lock with the nurse who's shocked more than anyone.

"CALL THE S-SCHOOL" She looks scared. Her hands are shaking. But there's nothing in this room to be scared of-

Except me.

She's trembling as she approaches me. I can hear the panic behind her.  She looks frozen- stuck staring at my hands.

My eyes fall to them. They're glowing red. 

It was like the world went quiet. 

It all happened so fast. 

I was standing up and running before I could even form a thought.

Glass was shattered on the floor and I was falling. 

Falling down the side of the hospital. I looked back at my shattered window and the nurse was screaming. But she disappeared out of my sight as I continued to fall. My eyes blinked shut.

Adrenalin pumping through head as wind surrounded me while I waited for the contact that never came.

But there was a familiar wave of fatigue that passed through me. 

My eyes opened slowly. The scenery registering around me. I blinked to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I was on the ground in the spot where I first met-

"Y/N?" My watery eyes snapped to voice. 

The blond haired woman dropped her bag of groceries and ran towards me. As she got closer her arms wrapped around me before I could even respond. 

For the first time since I got out of the hospital bed I felt a sense of warmth. It enough to break the walls that had been keeping me sane.

The tears that collected in my eyes finally escaped and the sob that's been stuck in my throat finally slipped out.

"Mistuki- I'm scared"

A/N : Listened to the the 30th by Billie while writing this... I'm going to nap now.