S I X (not the musical)

Written 9th of October

Kelsey's POV 

Btw i might stop having Percy's POV so it's only Kelsey's POV. Then it's just easier and less boring.

*~*

I walked next to a nervous daughter of Athena. "Relax Annie, maybe we just umm maybe they want to reward us?" i said not exactly convincingly

Me and Annabeth were summoned to the big house by Chiron and we don't exactly know why.

We walked through the doors of the big house to see Chiron waiting for us. Chiron looked happy which was a relief, hopefully we didn't do anything wrong.

"Annabeth, Kelsey it is good to see you. I have something very important to tell you" He said his impression turning serious "Right now Percy is in the attic talking to the oracle, he will receive a quest where he will have 3 people with him. I am asking that you two and Grover will accompany him"

Me and Annabeth looked at eachother, and accept Chiron's request. 

Suddenly Percy comes down the stairs that lead to the attic and Annabeth puts her Yankees cap on and and grabbed my hand so we were both invisible.

 Chiron looked at Percy "Well?"

Percy took a deep breath then spoke "She . .. she said I would go west and face a god who had turned. I would retrieve what was stolen and see it safely returned."

"I knew it," Grover said.. . ..

Chiron didn't look satisfied. "Anything else?"

"No," I said. "That's about it."

Me and Annabeth could clearly tell that he wasn't telling us something.

Chiron studied his face. "Very well, Percy. But know this: the Oracle's words often have double meanings. Don't dwell on them too much. The truth is not always clear until events come to pass."

"Okay," He "So where do I go? Who's this god in the west?"

"Ah, think, Percy," Chiron said. "If Zeus and Poseidon weaken each other in a war, who stands to gain?"

"Somebody else who wants to take over?" Percy guessed.

"Yes, quite. Someone who harbours a grudge, who has been unhappy with his lot since the world was divided eons ago, whose kingdom would grow powerful with the deaths of millions. Someone who hates his brothers for forcing him into an oath to have no more children, an oath that both of them have now broken."

I could see Percy thinking "Hades."

Chiron nodded. "The Lord of the Dead is the only possibility."

A scrap of aluminum dribbled out of Grover's mouth. "Whoa, wait. Wh-what?"

"A Fury came after Percy," Chiron reminded him. "She watched the young man until she was sure of his identity, then tried to kill him. Furies obey only one lord: Hades."

"Yes, but—but Hades hates all heroes," Grover protested. "Especially if he has found out Percy is a son of Poseidon... ."

"A hellhound got into the forest," Chiron continued. "Those can only be summoned from the Fields of Punishment, and it had to be summoned by someone within the camp. Hades must have a spy here. He must suspect Poseidon will try to use Percy to clear his name. Hades would very much like to kill this young half-blood before he can take on the quest."