T W O

Written 13th of August 2023

☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴

Kelsey's POV

I looked at the target. Already 4 perfect arrows lodged into the bullseye, just one more. I grabbed another arrow from my quiver and placed it across the middle of the bow. I repositioned my hand and pulled back the draws, i closed one eye and lined it up with the centre of the target. I let go of the draws and the arrow soared through the air. Bullseye.

"I guess practice does make perfect" A familiar voice spoke behind me and i turned around.

"Annie" I ran to my best friend Annabeth. "Guess what, Grover's back, finally" Annabeth says cheerfully.

"Who?" I say confused

"Grover? Our best friend. He had a quest to get a boy, the one we think is really powerful,"

"Not ringing any bells."

"Kelsey!" She nudges me and i chuckle

"You Forgot Me!?" I hear a familiar voice behind me and i see my other best friend, we all hug "I'd never forget you Donkey Dude." I chuckle

"I've been gone for a few weeks and you've already come up with another nickname"

"Well it suits you"

"Nothing suits me more than wearing a bright neon orange shirt"

I laugh thinking about Grover wearing a Camp Half-Blood shirt while eating tin cans.

"Knock it off you two, did you find the boy Grover?" Annabeth stops our childish argument and pushes me over making me stumble a little bit

Grover's face turns serious "Yes, he's very powerful, i can sense it. He also umm ye he killed a minotaur on his own when i was getting him to camp"

Me and Annabeth look at each other with expressions of shock, concern and amazement. I rub the bridge of my nose "On his own! First of all, Jeez, thats impressive considering he just found out about half-bloods and secondly did you not help Grover, thought you said you were his protector?" I nudge him and chuckle

"Well....I-I umm I...." Grover looks down with guilt as he speaks

"Stop pressuring him, anyway where is the boy, what is his name?" Annabeth pushes me back and comforts Grover

"He-He's in the infirmary, he came last night" Grover says nervously

☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴

We walk into a brown cabin, it's bigger than it looks from the outside. Its a big brown room with loads of beds, a lot of people are getting treated and i recognise Will from the Apollo Cabin. Grover leads us to a bed at the end, i see a boy, around the same age as me; lying there unconscious. He has black hair that is very messy like he just used a hairdryer on it, his skin is tanned and he wears a leather jacket.

"His name is Percy Jackson, and we believe he is the Son of the Sea God," As Grover says that i stiffen.

"Y-you, Are you sure he is the uh.....son of the Sea God. like 100 percent?" I ask hoping that its a joke

Grover speaks and his face becomes serious telling me that he isn't joking  "Yes, he was attacked by a fury then a minotaur, both from the Underworld; So Hades is after him and they all think he's the lightning thief and Zeus wouldn't blame a random half blood. He'd blame his brothers son," I look at the unconscious boy on the bed and don't know whether to be happy or sad.

I look over to his bedside table and see there's a pen "His weapon?" I asked, not fazed that a pen can turn into a weapon. Grover nods and i examine it carefully, it's a blue bullpoint pen, I put it back on the table. 

I see a phone and a set of candles, "Grover, you're the one telling him we aren't allowed phones," Grover punches my arm, "Hey, stop it".

I look at Annabeth and see she is staring at him with a confused face, i pat her shoulder "Something wrong, Annie?" she just looks at me and shook her head. I look down and something catches my attention, i bend down and pick up something from the ground. When i look closely i see it's a minotaur horn. 

"You should put it in the bin, it's useless now" Grover said sitting down on a chair next to Percy

"No he should keep it, a token to remember his fight against the minotaur" I put it next to the pen on his bedside table. I look at the boy one last time then walk out of the infirmary. My brain has to much information but i can't help but keep thinking of one question.

Is Percy Jackson the one from the prophecy?

Word Count: 786 words