O N E

Written: 13th of August, 2023 :)

Just a little bit of context before i start the story, you will get different POV's from each person, the main characters are; Kelsey, Percy, Annabeth and Grover. Luke and Chiron are also in this story. Kelsey, Percy and Annabeth are all around the same age (12), Also i have no idea how old Chiron is and i don't want to know and Luke is around 15-16 :)

☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴

Percy's POV

After coming back from swim training, Percy Jackson walked through the doors to Yancy Academy. He walked through the packed hallway with his best friend Grover, Grover had curly brown hair and always had crutches on, he looked like he had been held back at school for a couple of years because he had a small wispy beard. He was always wearing a pair of long pants; that Percy sometimes thought was weird because he even wore them on a hot day. They both walk through the hallway heading to class.

"Y'know I wish i could spend all day underwater instead of this place" Percy says raising his voice a bit over the chatter of the people in the hallway.

"Right? It's like high school without the musical, everyday is the same thing." Grover says as they walk past a kid being pushed over by a couple of bullies.

☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴

"Good Morning, I'm Miss Dodds, your substitute English Teacher" She points to the words she just wrote on the chalkboard "Would someone please explain what Shakespeare was trying to convey in this line from Othello?" 

A few kids put their hands up but she ignores them and looks straight at Percy (i hate when teachers do this when your hand isn't even up). "Percy Jackson?" Percy looks at her taken aback because teachers don't normally just say your full name in front of the class.

He looks at the board as the words start to shuffle around and move due to his Dyslexia. "I'm sorry. I don't know" He says playing with his pencil while looking down.

"Anybody else?" Miss Dodds asks, still looking at Percy. Nancy Bobofit puts her hand up and answers it correctly. "Good job Nancy, seems like you have actually been paying attention!" Miss Dodds says while aiming her words at Percy. He is a bit confused why Miss Dodds said his full name but not Nancy's, he just pushes the questions to the back of his head and forgets them.

☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴☾✴

Percy is at his desk at home; doing his homework, he tries to focus but all the numbers and letters float off the page. He scrunches up his paper into a ball and throws it in the bin, he just looks out the window wishing his life would get better. He hears his apartment door slam shut and he hears the familiar voice of Gabe "Sally! Where's my beer?" 

Percy feels his anger boiling as he starts to remember every bad thing about Gabe. Percy tries to forget them as he walks out of his bedroom and gets a drink of water, it's a bit hard to when Gabe is sitting in the same room being disrespectful to Percy's mother.

"Your beer is in the fridge" Sally says, ironing some of Percy's clothes for his field trip tomorrow.

"So, what, it's supposed to magically float from the icebox and into my hand?" Gabe retorts clearly not wanting to walk a few extra steps. 

"I mean you could just, i don't know, use your legs, you have them. Oh wait no you don't your just a lazy bal-" Gabe cuts him off by grabbing his hair "This is my house, show some respect"