Carry You Home

Disclaimers: Arguments, Alcohol, Homophobic Language

Warning: Female!Reader

A/N: Here's part 8 of Sometimes All You Need (A Getaway Car). Here's the drama! GG and Jake head to Texas and it's... not great? Jake and his siblings are all amazing, but there is another member of the family I introduce you all to who is anything but. I hope you all like it!

The holiday season in San Diego is always a little - interesting

The holiday season in San Diego is always a little - interesting. You only get white snow drenched Christmases in the movies in California. But you honestly wouldn't trade your California Christmases for anything in the world. That's due, in part, to the family you've found yourself a part of. Jake and Javy are always around, filling your house with light and laughter, their bond stronger than blood. Callie and Neil are always around too, your family blending perfectly with Jake's like they've always belonged together. With Callie, comes Tasha, who Callie confided to you, might be the one. With Tasha comes Bob. And once you've got Bob coming, it was only natural to invite the other Daggers. Soon enough, your house is the place to be for any elite aviator posted at North Island.

That's no less true as you clean up in the kitchen after the first Thanksgiving you've ever hosted. The football game is blaring out from your living room and you can hear the boys' exaggerated boos and smack talk emanating through the house. You're loading the last of the dinner plates into the dishwasher when your phone rings as Jake makes his way into the kitchen.

You're giggling into the phone when you pick it up. How can you be anything but happy with a 6-foot-tall man, your 6-foot-tall man, draped across your back?

"Mama Georgie! Hi! Happy Thanksgiving!" You're smiling from ear to ear as Jake kisses the side of your head. You grin as Jake's mom tells you all about the Seresin family Thanksgiving spread.

"Thanks for sending me your pie recipes, Mama Georgie! They went over a treat here. Twelve aviators and they ate every crumb. I made four pies!" You can't even object when Jake snatches the phone from you to steal his mama for himself a little.

"Hey, mama! I'm missing all of y'all today. It's not Thanksgiving if I'm not home. But thankfully my gorgeous girl was here and gave me a slice of home so I don't miss you too badly." Heat rushes through your system, settling hot in your chest like it always does when Jake calls you his.

It's as you pull out the apple cider from the fridge, for the spiked apple cider you're serving after the game, that you hear Jake's tone change.

"Sir." That one word is enough to capture your interest. Who in his family would Jake call sir? Not his brothers. His dad or his grandfather then.

"Yessir. I was planning on coming home for Christmas, sir." When you turn around, all of the joy has drained right out of Jake's face. His green eyes look almost angry as you leave the cider ingredients on the counter and walk right to his side. To his credit, he tries to stay light-hearted for you, mouthing "my dad" and rolling his eyes, but after nearly a year and a half together, you're sure you can read Jake a bit better than that.