Chapter 17

A/N- Things are starting to pick up!

ALINA'S POV

I was sat in the dining room staring at the full plate of food before me.

My whole family was here and I could tell they were trying not to look at me, trying to act as if there wasn't pressure on me to eat.

I took a deep breath and ate what would be my normal amount.

I looked at the plate annoyingly when more than half of the plate was left.

I was full already.

I just played with my food hoping to pass time

The food had already been cut by my personal knight as I apparently didn't need all that extra work.

I dreaded what my family was going to say about this whole thing.

I know they want me to try and get better but it's really hard.

I realised today just how overprotective my family is.

After getting discharged from the hospital, which was quiet quick might I add considering my injuries, they made sure to have eyes on me at all times.

Romeo did my seatbelt for me as I needed to rest my shoulder, and basically all my family glared at the driver when we went over any potholes or speed bumps.

He was just doing his job, it's not as if he could avoid them.

Then as soon as we got home my dad insisted that he carried me in.

The hospital gave me crutches but I could tell he wasn't happy with me using them as he looked at them in disgust.

They looked fine to me.

As soon as we got inside the house there was a wheelchair waiting for me.

I told them that it was pointless due to all the stairs, but it didn't matter because apparently we have an elevator in the house.

A ducking elevator.

I absolutely refused though, I was not going to be riding round in a wheelchair when I didn't need to, my crutches worked just fine.

They were special crutches. There were arm holds so my arm would stay flat so it would take some of the pressure off if my shoulder.

Ok sure they might hurt my shoulder a little but I would not be coming across as that helpless.

Plus I'm sure I could handle that pain.

I was currently on strong pain meds and I was feeling considerably better already.

I'm used to being in some type of pain.

He didn't want to agree but he did after I gave him my puppy dog eyes.

He looked at the crutches in distaste, and finally gave in as long as he could clean them first.

I agreed whilst laughing.

He also made the deal that whenever someone is on the house with me they'll carry me down, and that the crutches are only to be used when I'm outside.

As if I'd ever be alone in this house, there's always someone with me which I really do love and appreciate.

I asked why I couldn't use the elevator but he assured me that it was safer this way and that it would save my shoulder as if I didn't have 2.

"Alina"

I looked up coming back to the real world and out of my memories

I saw the sympathetic look on my mothers face and I cut her off before she could get a word in.