chapter nine

FAMOUS IN LOVECHAPTER NINE

FAMOUS IN LOVE
CHAPTER NINE

A/N: if you're still here, drop me a comment with your character's name on it. I've decided I'm gonna try to focus primarily on active characters. This book isn't going how I'd hoped, but I can still turn things around I think. And if you haven't done your character relations yet, you have until chapter twelve to get those done, so sometime this week! I'll pick for you after that. I know I haven't been focused on romance a lot in this book, I've been enjoying the silly chapters. ALSO I started a new celebrity applyfic if anyone wants to check it out before it closes!

LOVE TOOK A deep breath as she grabbed one of the large, covered dishes of food from her kitchen. Her stomach was still in knots. She and Rory had to officially put on their act. It was no longer just a suggestion they could put off. Filming for the first season was almost over. Promo would start soon. Subtle hints had to begin being dropped. It was putting Love in a really bad mood. She liked Rory, sure. They were on friendly terms. This just didn't seem like something her management should be messing with. Or Rory's either, for that matter.

Didn't they both deserve to be in happy, loving relationships?

They weren't even allowed to tell their friends the truth. It had to look real. Now, she had everyone in her house for dinner and she couldn't even enjoy it. She sighed, heading back for the door. Jacy had been coming in at that moment, gently taking the handles. "Here, I've got it", the blonde grinned. She should tell her, right? She should tell her before it looks bad. What are the repercussions of breaking an NDA? "You look kind of freaked out."

Love forced a smile. "That's one word for it." She didn't tell her.

"Thanks for inviting us over, Love", Reagan smiled politely. "It's nice having everyone together outside of work." They were all sitting around the dining room table. It was such a warm and joyful atmosphere. Love almost felt bad for being so bitter. How could she be unhappy at a time like this? Look at all the love she'd found.

"I agree", Rory nodded.

"I'm just glad everyone's schedules finally lined up", Benjamin stated. "We've been trying to do this for months now."

"We could have done it last month if you didn't get food poisoning", Tobias stated.

Benjamin shot him a dirty look. "Like I could help that." Despite being onscreen love interests, those two bickered a lot. It was actually kind of funny.

"Pay better attention to what you're eating, shit", Tobias shrugged.

"You two are like an old married couple", Sterling said flatly.

"Leave them alone, Sterling. It's cute. And free entertainment", Valentina scolded lightly. This was the first cast in a while to accept her. It was nice.

"They definitely keep things entertaining", Monique giggled.

"More like disastrous", Rosalie snorted. "If something goes wrong on set, it was definitely those two."

"I still don't get how you flipped over that trailer", Annalise stated. Yeah, Benjamin's trailer had turned over with the two of them in it. It was a mess.

"They had to be having really kinky sex or something", Gabriel stated.

"Eeeeew", Jack said immediately. The 19 year old sounded more like a child than a young adult.

Jade scrunched her nose up. "I did not need to hear this", she stated, pushing her food away.

"We were not having sex of any kind, kinky or otherwise", Benjamin quickly corrected. They weren't about to be out here ruining his reputation.

"We were fighting", Tobias supplied with a smug grin. Yes, because that excuse was totally believable.

"No, we weren't", Benjamin said flatly. "He was being an idiot. It's a long story."

"We've got time", Kit said, leaning forward to better hear the story.

"Actually, before we get started, Love and I have an announcement", Rory informed. She was supposed to be the one to tell everyone. Love just couldn't bring herself to. Rory thought she was prepared, but she wasn't. She felt more like a soldier marching off to war than she did a woman telling the world she was 'in love.' She wasn't in love. She was lying. Which fine, she could lie. She could lie with ease. She was an actress, after all. Lying was practically her job. But, as she looked into Reagan's eyes, she suddenly felt guilty. In fact, the guilt wracked through her like a tidal wave hitting land. It was so strong, it was nearly overwhelming. Why did she feel this bad? They were nothing. This should have easy. But it wasn't. It wasn't easy, because they weren't anything... but they could have been. They could have been, and that made all the difference in the world. She forced a bright smile as she took Love's hand. "We, um, are in a relationship now."

No one said anything for a second before Charlie smiled. Jacy furrowed her brows, seemingly lost in thought. "Oh, wow. That's great, guys", Charlie finally said.

"Yeah, great", Reagan said. Her smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Excuse me for a second", Jacy said, pushing her chair from the table and heading outside.

Love frowned in concern, quickly getting up and going after her. "Are you okay?", she asked as she stepped out into the chilly night air.

"Yes", Jacy answered. But she was clearly on the verge of tears. "No. I don't know. I'm just... confused."

Yeah, me too. "I know", she said instead.

"I don't know what's real and what's fake right now, Love", Jacy sighed. "We adopted a dog, and then you..." She looked up at the stars, wiping beneath her eyes.

"We were real", Love answered. "We were always real."

"Then what is this?", Jacy asked in confusion. "And what about Rocko?"

"Rocko is still our fur son. Nothing there changes." She wrapped her arms around herself. "I can't tell you what this is. But it's not what you think."

"Then what is it?", Jacy insisted. There was silence for a moment. The air was thick and heavy with tears of unsaid words. It felt like a pot full of water on a stove - desperately trying to boil over, but never quite making it. Love put the lid on her feelings on tight.

"I... can't tell you", Love sighed.

Jacy thinned her lips, nodding. "Okay", she whispered, taking a step back. "I'll be at our concert, like I promised because of the fans. But I think I need space."

"Jacy-" As she walked away, Love wiped her tears. How did everything become so messed up in so little time?

OCTOBER 21, 2023