prologue

FAMOUS IN LOVEPROLOGUE

FAMOUS IN LOVE
PROLOGUE

LOVE AGUILAR SPLITS FROM FIANCÉ AFTER A DECADE? + JOINS STAR STUDDED CAST OF NEW SHOW!article by kenny klein

article by kenny klein

WE ALL KNOW Love Aguilar as one of our favorite actresses turned popstar, but also for her love story that withstands the test of time. Or at least it did. A special source tells us that America's favorite couple has split after "years of pettiness and emotional abuse behind the scenes."

Aguilar and fiancé Lexi Holloway, they/them, have been together since they were seven and starred on the classic children's television show, Barney and Friends. The pair even went on to star on Disney Channel together, even doing a beloved film together, Disney's Princess Protection Program, which is reportedly the film that started their romantic relationship. From the outside looking in, they appeared to be the perfect couple, but the source tells us that they have "been on the rocks for a while now." When asked for a direct comment, the source had this to say:

"They're definitely really bad for each other now, like a walking publicity stunt that management won't let die. A few years ago, when [Love] Aguilar was dealing with addiction, I think that [Lexi] Holloway was definitely fueling that and vice versa. Like this was definitely something they were doing together, [Lexi] Holloway just didn't struggle with addiction because she paced herself. And I'm not saying that [Love] Aguilar was perfect, definitely not. They were toxic to each other. It just turned into a very bad relationship. I told [Love] Aguilar that she needed to get out, but when you've been with someone for almost 22 years, what can you do? I understand that it can be hard. But it's definitely over now, and that's what matters. I hope they can both move forward and find a love that's healthy for them."

You hear that, America? Definitely over. Your sweethearts are single again for the first time in 12 years! Not that any of us here in this writing room have a shot but hey, you might! This breakup comes right after Aguilar dropped her latest single, Single Soon, which included the lyrics, "I know he'll be a mess when I break the news, but I'll be single soon." Despite using different pronouns, we definitely think the song was dropped as a teaser to the breakup. Talk about ouch.

Aguilar definitely doesn't seem to be letting it get her down. She's already booked and busy with her next album, and has joined the cast of HBO's upcoming series adaptation of the popular novel Nightbound. The supernatural drama, filled with lgbt and poc characters, has surpassed even Twilight in book sales and has amassed 9 books in its series thus far. (That's less than The Vampire Diaries' 13 novels, but the author has teased that there is more of Nightbound on the way.) With such a global phenomenon on their hands, fans of the series are hoping that HBO won't screw up the series. So far, they're not disappointing us.

Aguilar is slated to play the titular main character, Catalina Cruz, a young witch who gets entangled with multiple love interests and supernatural threats that are after her bloodline and numerous others. In a delightful twist, Aguilar's sister, Jade Aguilar, and brother, Jack Aguilar, will be playing her on screen siblings, Julie and Blake. This will be Jake's first role since IT and Stranger Things. Playing their mother, Liz Cruz, who was a teen mom is Mean Girls alumn Suzie Landry. Chris Hemsworth was in talks to play the father in the show, but he has since been replaced with Mario Lopez due to scheduling conflicts. Sorry Hemsworth stans!

Avengers fans might be pleased to know, however, that Charlie Downey, the 26 year old son of the beloved Robert Downey Jr., has been cast as the world's favorite bad boy werewolf, Reece Warner. (Even Satan himself is scared of that kid.) He is joined by best friend Kit Depp, son of Johnny Depp and twin brother of starlet Lily Rose Depp, who will be portraying Chase Abbington, the beloved witch with a dark side. (Or is the correct term warlock? You tell us, America.) Benjamin Collingwood will also take on the role of River Agua, the merman with quite the romantic entanglement. Breakout Netflix star Tobias Johnson is alleged to play one of his many love interests, but we're unsure of which one.

Also joining the cast are Annalise Cotton who is playing Francesca 'Fran' Edwards, our favorite flirtatious witch who doesn't hold back, Rosalie Mullins as the dark witch Elizabeth Lao, and the lovely Monique Elsher will be starring as Vidia Wixx, the bisexual witch we all need in our lives. Mullins recently posted about how much she loved the books as a kid and is quite excited. As for the moment you have been waiting for... the rest of the main cast. (Although the characters previously mentioned are arguably the main case as well.)

Valentina Sinclair will be taking on the mantle of Lilith Swan, the pansexual siren who always has Catalina's back. This is Sinclair's first role after her particularly hard... tumble from grace. Some people wonder if she's even up to the task. Aguilar, who starred with Sinclair on Spring Breakers, as only said that she's "excited to work with her again" and would not comment on if she's worried. Speaking of Disney Stars...

Jacy Tanaka is starring as Catalina's human best friend, the ever so snarky Beatrix Suzuki, who is just known as Bea. Fans often compare her to the beloved character Stiles Stilinski, and we couldn't agree more. Tanaka and Aguilar worked together previously on Wizards of Waverly Place where their characters, Alex and Stevie, have since been confirmed by show runners to have been in a relationship but Disney "wasn't ready", much was the case with Chad and Ryan of High School Musical as Kenny Ortega revealed that Disney said it was "too soon." Will Nightbound make up for lost time and give us the semi-closure we need? Bea and Catalina have been in the biggest will they-won't they we have ever seen and, well, we still don't know. We need that next book.
(a/n: when i heard that Stevie and Alex were supposed to be a couple i was so hurt, i needed that fr.)

We did ask Aguilar what she thought and she said, "Honestly, we don't know any more than you guys do. I do know that kissing [Jacy] Tanaka would be a dream. She's a dream." So, here's hoping!

Catalina's other best friend and future vampire, Diego Hernandez, will be portrayed by newcomer Gabriel Ortiz. Hernandez has done a few Netflix cameos, and we're certain that he can nail the role. As for the two main love interests...

Our favorite mysterious vampire, Ophelia Walch, will be portrayed by Reagan Adamu. Thus far, we've only seen Adamu play supporting roles, but Ophelia Walch is all about sexy eye contact and we can definitely say that Adamu has a smolder that makes us all melt.

Our other vampire hottie, the charming and witty Tommy Kleine, will be portrayed by French actress Rory De'Poitiers, aka Rory Sebastian. While some fans are disappointed not to see Ruby Rose in the role as predicted, we think that De'Poitiers can definitely pull of that 'calculating blue gaze' that is so talked about in the books. We are excited to hear what you all think.

Unfortunately, fans will have to wait a while for the show, as filing isn't scheduled to start until next year. But don't worry fang fans, we'll keep you posted on all that is unholy.

AUGUST 28, 2023
POPPY SPEAKS !
i have no notes.