chapter six

FAMOUS IN LOVECHAPTER SIX

FAMOUS IN LOVE
CHAPTER SIX

LOVE HAD BEEN preparing to make dinner for her and her friends when she got called into her manager's office. That didn't happen often, but it did happen. For the most part, Love got to make her own decisions about her career. Her manager rarely intervened. For that reason, she didn't really understand why she'd be calling her now.

When she went in, she was surprised to see Rory sitting there as well. Love raised a brow. "Am I in trouble?", she asked, taking a step back like she was preparing to bolt if needed.

"Not at all", her manager answered, gesturing her forward. "Have a seat."

Love hesitantly sat next to Rory. "Do you know what this is about?"

Rory shook her head. "No clue."

"We called you both here because we made a decision", the man, who Love assumed was Rory's manager, spoke up. "As you both know, filming is going to wrap soon and you'll be heading into heavy promo."

"We feel as though the two of you entering a relationship will really help push the show", Love's manager stated. The woman never joked around, so Love knew she was being completely serious.

"You want us to fake a relationship?", Rory repeated in surprise.

"If it has to be fake, I suppose", he shrugged. "It was my idea. People love it when the leads of a show get together. Since you've dated before, we figured it might be easier for you to pick up where you left off."

They didn't even want to pick up where they left off. But, clearly, no one is going to ask them their opinions. "Are we allowed to say no to this? How is this gonna affect our actual relationships?"

"You're allowed to do whatever you wanna do in your private life, but everyone involved has to sign an NDA. This only applies to public appearances, interviews, and social media", Love's manager explained.

"And when does this start?", Rory asked.

"You have until promo starts to do whatever you wish", he answered.

"Wonderful", Love muttered bitterly. The one time someone got involved in her career, they were intervening in her love life. One that was blossoming well on its own, thank you very much. She sighed, shooting off a quick text to the group chat.

LOVE DOVE 🕊️
postponing dinner for a few nights in
order to figure some things out, see
you guys on set! xx

OCTOBER 4/5, 2023
POPPY SPEAKS !
i have nothing to say, i just
wanted to take a tiny break
from writing long chapters.