Chapter 4: Dreailight

Audio by Audiomachine - Wars of Faith
It's just an awesome soundtrack ^_^ Listen for awesome effect while you read!

Recap:
A blast of light burst out from a pond in the middle of the forest surrounding Gemini and her husband, Sangrid's, castle. They then embarked to check out the source of the light after Gemini told him that she was having dreams about someone. While on their journey fog began to thicken around them and Gemini became separated. A person who calls himself Shadow appears and says he needs to show her something.

~

Gemini peered into the darkness that surrounded her. Shadow, her guide, moved like a serpent through the tendrils of mist and fog, it wrapped around him masking his movements and form. She followed after dismounting leaving her horse as he would go no further.

Once she unlaced her sword from its secure knots bound to her saddle and strapped it to her belt. She hurried following Shadow, her eyes trying to follow his movement but found it impossible, he was swift and moved like the mist itself.

The only indication of Shadows presence were the moving branches and rustling leaves, as there was no wind the only movement would be from Shadow.

The forest seemed to narrow up into a point atop a mountain where two pillars rested, pillars of great magnitude and ancient might. The foreground before them was covered in small shrubs and grass, a single dirt path lead up between each one and down the other side. Trees tall in stature flanked each one creating a natural walkway over the top of the forest and back into the forest below. It was a sight to behold, it's mezmerizing structure and height was unlike anything she had seen before, one she would not likely forget.

"Through there," said Shadow gliding up the mountain as if walking on air. It amazed her, seemingly graceful and effortless he did so, it was almost peaceful to watch. She quietly followed up and stood between each one, turning she faced in the direction of her beloved castle and safe haven. A gasp left her lips as it was nowhere to be seen, only forest and trees in every direction. The sky above was beginning to change its color from darkness and stars to whispers of pink, yellow, and orange about the horizon. The clouds began to move across they sky lighting up as they did, amazing colors filled her eyes.

"How far have we come?"

"Further than you may have expected, this point is the border between your kingdom and..." He trailed off. Her face suddenly changed, her soft features straitening into frowns.

"No, this cannot be his."

"This is the door between your world and that of another, one you know of but have never seen, one someone spoke of long ago, someone you once loved. It has been closed for some time."

"Do not remind me of that time!" She snapped into the darkness, Shadow was nowhere to be seen and his voice seemed to echo all round her.

"As I remember he did tell you of such a place."

"Yes, he did. But I want nothing to do with it!" She stormed down the mountain stopping halfway and turning, "Is this what you wanted to show me? Did you bring me all this way just to tell me something I already know?" The memories of the one they spoke of flooded back in her mind, all the years of hurt he had caused her, it all rushed back like a wave pounding against the shore.

"No, not only this but another place. I only show things to explain further ones, this place was the first, made long ago by a rip between worlds."

"No! I'm not going to follow you all over this place in search of places, I need to get back home! I need Sangrid..." She finished whispering the last words, her eyes teared up only to be wiped away by a gentle breeze.