Chapter 2: Dreailight

Music by audiomachine
Listen for full effect while you read!

~

The wind howled endlessly, the dark forest surrounding the castle swayed back and forth with each and every gust. The moon was darkened by the clouds, dark with fury. Deep within the forest to the north, a blue and swirling circle appeared amidst the trees, above a pond and clear water it hovered. A low hum emitted as it begun to descend, the water rushing about spurting in every direction.

Gemini slept soundly, her husband Sangrid lay next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist. The window was closed blocking the howl and cold. She suddenly startled awake letting a scream escape her lips. He awoke startled, "Gem! What is it?"

"I..I..It was horrible.. I saw him." He sat up grabbing her shoulders. He looked into her eyes trying to find the reason for her disturbed face.

"Who, who did you see." A tear released itself from her aching eyes, it fell down her face which Sangrid wiped away by the soft touch of his finger.

"He.. He was standing above a pool.. It glowed like the moon only blue, a kind of energy protruded from its center."

"What! A pool? Who was it?" Sangrid said with intensity in his voice. She looked out the window at the howling wind and swaying trees. Moving the covers from her body she walked barefoot across the cold stone floor too their window. Sangrid walked standing next into her placing his arm around her waist, she allowed her head to rest on his shoulder.

"Nothing, it's better if it's kept to the past." She whispered.

Her black hair rested gently on his shoulder, her hazel eyes stared out mesmerized by the flowing branches and leaves. He sighed, this was the third time this had happened and the last, he made up his mind. If this was to ever happen again he would make sure he knew what was really going on.

"Gemini, I wanted to tell y..." A blue light stopped him from finishing, it glowed from the center of the forest, it's radiance reflecting off the branches giving a trees a mysterious look. "What on earth!?" They both stared into the ever growing light, it spread itself through the trees like a moving wave across an ocean. Like a snake slithering through he grass.

"Sangrid?" She looked to him, her face almost pale.

"Gem! What's wrong!? Lay down, please." He walked her over to the bed but was stopped by her hand.

"No!" She whispered, "we need to deal with the problem at hand, Im fine."

"Gem, I..."

"This was in my dream."

"What?!" The surprise obvious in his voice, "what do you mean? This, the light?" She wandered back to the window. The blue light had stopped spreading and was now receding back into the forest from which it came.

"Yes, we must act swiftly."

"What's going on?" He moved towards her but she moved off to dress before he could catch her.

"I do not fully know myself, we need answers and I believe I can only get them by the source." She was quiet for a moment then emerged from the curtain dressed in leather pants and a wool shirt with a leather vest over that. Underneath her shirt was a thin layer of chain-mail armor. On her side she wore a belt, a green scabbard was attached which she now filled with a blue tinted sword.

"You're serious." She frowned at him.

"Well of course, I wouldn't make this all up." He nodded in agreement and quickly changed himself. Once he emerged he ran to the door swinging it open. The guards stationed there jumped at the sudden sound.

"Guards!"

"Yeas sir!"

"Get the troops ready, a full escort!"

"As you wish my Lord!" And they ran off down the hall."

Gemini walked over to him holding his sword. A broad sword with a silver and golden embroidered handle around an oak hilt. "Thank you." He said taking the sword. Before he sheathed it her kissed her gently. "I will make this right, the nightmares will leave you." She smiled.

"I can only hope."

They walked out together and side by side. He wore chain mail underneath with a red woven shirt and a leather jacket over that. Silver Shoulder guards were placed accordingly as well as knee and shin guards. His belt carried his sword of which his hand rested on.

The two guards returned running to catch the king. "My Lord!" One of them shouted, "your soldiers are awaiting your arrival."

Sangrid nodded towards them, "thank you." They both bowed in return. "Let us hope this brings us answers." Gemini smiled briefly biting her lower lip out of habit.

They approached the square. Oddly enough the wind had stopped, all was quiet and still, not a single animal or sound could be heard. Their approach was the only sound made as their feet kicked the pebbles around them.

"My Lord,"

"Sir, Daniel, I'm glad to see you here." Sangrid replied as they both shook each others arms.

"Likewise Lord, may I ask the occasion?" Sangrid chuckled.

"Of that even I am unsure of, but we are traveling into the forest, a mysterious light shone in the forest not long ago."

"Could it be an attack?"

"I hope not," he said climbing onto his horse. Gemini did the same as all the knights followed once the two had mounted. "Let us be off!" He kicked the horses side and took off down he cobblestone path and into the woods. Gemini followed close behind while the Knights took up the sides and rear of the escort.

The sky was still dark and no light could come through the clouds. Several of the Knights lit torches providing a limited light source of the surrounding bushes and the path they continued to follow. As they strode deeper they noticed the air itself becoming gradually heavier, each breath harder, the mist around them grew thicker covering them from sight of each other. Someone, or something, was attempting to separate them, the reason unknown.

Gemini soon found herself alone, the fog shrouding her view of the path leading her further away. "Sangrid?" She stopped on her horse looking around, her heat heart quickened. "Sangrid!?" She urged her horse forward, he took a few steps then stopped. "What's wrong boy?" She said rubbing it's head. She tried to move him again but he refused, he snorted sending plumes of air from his nostrils. "What ever could be the matter?" A rustle behind her made her heart skip. She turned quickly, "who's there!?" A dark shadow moved through the side of her vision. She turned but saw nothing. Again it passed by but vanished as soon as her eyes turned to the spot. "Show yourself!" She yelled. A low and deep laugh greeted her in the moving darkness.

"A funny thing to say to a person who wants to stay hidden."

"What do you mean?" She asked, her voice shook with fear. The voice laughed once more clearly amused by her question.

"If I had wanted to show myself I would have done so."

"Well I know your here, why don't you show yourself!?"

"For it is not the right time to know me, you may later on in time but as for now I will remain in shadow."

"Why are you here!?"

"To show you this."

~

Ah! So, who could Sangrid and Gemini be? What world are they in? And who or what could the shadow want? Leave your comments of what you thought and as always please vote! :) Thanks for reading... Until next chapter XD