Chapter 12

Location: Wayne Manner / Time: 9:45 am

When daylight broke, Jason opened his eyes and realized he slept outside with his family. He removed the blanket off his body and tiptoed back inside. He was about to go upstairs until he thought of his parents. He snuck into the kitchen and saw the kitchen phone on the high counter, "Wow, how am I going to get that?" Asked Jason scratching his head. Jason looked around and saw a seating stool. He pulled it over the counter and carefully climbed up on it. He reached for the phone. Within minutes Jason was dialing his parents number and put the phone to his ear and cheek.

"Hello." A voice said from the other side.

"Hi is this Mr. and Mrs. Todd?" Asked Jason with a worried tone in his voice.

"No, you must have the wrong number." The voice replied.

"Are you sure?" Jason clutched the phone cord.

"Yes, we're the Flavors." The voice answered.

"Oh, sorry to bother you." Jason's hand dropped to his side.

"It's fine kid, bye." The sound of a loud click was soon followed.

Jason put the one down and tears began to stream from his cheeks. He tried to wipe them away but more kept falling.

"What the heck are you doing?" Shouted Damian, who was standing in front of the door frame.

Jason was startled and he almost fell off the stool if it wasn't for Damian. Damian balanced Jason back on the stool and listened, "I just... I just wanted to call my mommy and daddy." Sniffed Jason rubbing his teared up eyes.

Damian picked up Jason and carefully put him on the ground and grabbed his ring hand. "Todd they aren't going to answer."

"Why not?" Jason whined.

"They just aren't. Now come, we have to find father." Damian said as he pulled Jason faster.

"I'm sorry!" Jason cried.

Damian wasn't listening he was looking for Bruce. They found him outside with the other brothers as they packed up the chair and blankets.

"Oh Damian, you found Jason." Smiled Tim.

"Yeah and guess what he was doing?" Frowned Damian letting go of Jason's hand and crossing his arms.

"I said I was sorry." Pouted Jason.

"What did you do?" Dick asked gently bending down to Jason's level.

"He tried to call his parents!" Growled Damian.

Jason just sobbed, "I want my mommy and daddy."

All the brothers just stood there awkwardly. Bruce, being the one to break the awkwardness, picked Jason up and comforted him, "Jason they can't call you anymore, they're busy and they just can't." Bruce sighed.

"Why? Do they not love me anymore?" Jason said with a breathy pout.

"They love you very much Jason." Tim assured as he put a warm hand on Jason's back.

Jason stilled sobbed. Dick took him from Bruce and carried him inside. "I think we have to tell him." Bruce sighed. Tim only nodded.

"He won't take it easy though." Pointed out Damian.