Chapter 11: Reindeer games

Y/N pov:

Donnie had been healing nicely. Time had passed and it was finally Christmas Eve.

After speaking with your family, they were okay with you coming to see them later Christmas Day, so you could stay here longer.

This place was starting to feel like home.

With Donnie healing, you and April had spent a lot of time in the lair. You bonded with the boys and had grown close.

The tension between you and Donnie was about to snap. You were really hoping you could confess your feelings tonight.

If he didn't reciprocate, at least he would still get that really cool purple hoodie you found and wrapped for him. It would also be awkward because you two had slept in the same bed as soon as he was out of the med bay.

And you would just go on. The path of falling in love with a mutant turtle was muddier than literally any other path.

The turtles knew it too. They would tease Donnie and you all the time. Usually it would end in Leo and Donnie wrestling. And you and April laughing.

The only evidence that Donnie had ever been injured was a scar on the back of his neck. He was fine otherwise.

Splinter and the boys had launched a plan to hijack the yokai hotel tonight. Apparently there was a big Christmas shindig. You hoped it wouldn't take too long because you realllyyy wanted to speak to Donnie.

After much arguing, Donnie was joining them as well.

For now though, the lair was in full swing of celebrating Christmas Eve. Mikey and April were making food, Raph, Leo and Splinter were wrapping presents, and you and Donnie were attempting a ginger bread house.

Of course though, Donnie's was better.

"How can you craft something so intricate out of cookies and icing?" I huffed as my cookie rough slid off my cookie wall.

Donnie reached over and gently pushed it back on. "Because I'm not a one trick pony. I could engineer this house to fly if I so wished." He bragged, smirking at you.

"Nice house Dee! And- yeah you too Y/N." Leo called, his voice cracking after seeing yours.

Donnie puffed out his chest.

"Ah well as long as the ginger couple is happy." I laughed, turning around my finished product.

"The beauty is that it's all going to look the same in our stomachs." Donnie joked, nudging me and eating a gumdrop off of his.

You sigh and give him a wistful look. He looked so cute in glasses.

"When do you have to go to your family?" Donnie asked, not looking at me directly.

You smile softly. "I should leave here right before dinner time tomorrow."

Donnie looked at you now. "Well I hope you have a good time with your family."

You nod and give him a hug.

He tenses and takes a moment but eventually he hugs you back.