Chapter 9: Saving Purple

Y/N: pov:

You sat at Donnie's desk, waiting for him to come back. You tried not to pry at his things but- he left some blueprints out...

He was incredibly talented. He never went to school or anything. He really just self taught himself. He had made machines and weapons and so many awesome technologies.

His breakfast and coffee sat, getting colder beside you.

Donnie calmly returned, happy to see you.

"Don't let my scatter brain deceive you, I am overjoyed to eat what you've prepared me." He states, grabbing the plate and pulling up a chair beside you.

You smile at him. You weren't stupid- the romantic tension between you two was overwhelming the guy. But you weren't very bothered by it. Concerning your past, taking things slow was what you preferred and- especially with a man turtle. Right now it was just a fling. Who knows where it was going?

Cuddling was nice though.

"I'm just glad you boys have Mikey here, or else all you'd eat is pizza." I joked, taking a sip of my own coffee.

You don't give him a chance to respond.

"Donnie- thanks for letting me sleep in your bed last night. And- sleeping with me. It was nice."

I just had to address the elephant in the room! It has to be done. And he wasn't going to do it.

A bright blush lights up the turtle's cheeks.

Haha sorry buddy.

"Well," he sighs. "It was... an offer I could not refuse. And, I know I needed to sleep anyway." He ends, remembering he has to be a bad boy.

You smile softly. "Dee these projects and stuff you work on are incredible! When you're finished with your breakfast can you show me your lab?" You ask excitedly.

Donnie smiles brightly. "The single best question I've ever been asked- YES."

After breakfast Donnie puts his contacts in and his battleshell on although you liked seeing him without it- felt more laid back- and he showed you his lab.

Impressed is an understatement.

The tour took hours. Hours of explaining, showing off, teaching you how stuff worked, showing you ever inch of his livelihood.

By the end, his brothers had to interrupt.

"Uhhh Dee? We got a report of a kidnapping. We gotta roll." Raph called into the lab, clearly rushing.

Donnie pushed his goggles back on top of his head and came back to reality in the middle of showing me an invention.

"Right! Yes let me just grab my tech Bo and I'll meet you guys at the exit." Donnie responded, pushing his work to the side.

"Y/N, duty calls dear friend, I shall return and continue displaying all my genius ideas!" He said charmingly, jogging out of the lab in a hurry.

"Oh- okay!" I said, walking out behind him.

Raph, Mikey, Leo, and Donnie all took off, Donnie throwing you one last sweet glance.