Chapter 10: Inner Confessions

Donnie boy Pov:

This is the best sleep I've ever had.

That thought was enough to wake me up.

My conscience slowly came too as did I.

I felt... comfortable... but also I felt dull pain.

I blinked my eyes open, taking in the harsh light.

I heard monitors and a chair scrape the ground as I took in my view.

I was in the medbay.

"Donatello... how do you feel?"

Any panic that began to bubble died down at the sound of my papa's voice.

I turn slightly and my eyes adjust to see him. He removes my oxygen mask.

He looked so happy to see me.

Im happy to see you too pops.

"I- um- how did I-" I croaked out, finding my voice again.

The memories hit me like a truck.

Big mama jumped us- and took all my tech!

Splinter moved to my side and patted my arm.

"As long as you're okay that's all that matters my son." He said gently, smiling.

"How long have I been out for?" I ask quietly, lifting my arms and looking at the bandages.

I feel a sharp pain in my neck when I move.

I grimace and papa relaxes me again.

"You got hit hard on the back of your head. Don't move too much. My son, your brothers, April, and your lady friend all wish to see you. Shall I retrieve them?" Splinter asks, having a little smile when he said lady friend.

I sigh. "Uhmm... papa I know this is a strange request but... could you send Y/N in here first? I know she's the most freaked out because she's never been around this before. I know my brothers will not approve of this but I think I should reassure her first."

I watch a smirk come across his face.

"Ah you are in love funny one. I shall retrieve her and her only for you." He snickers.

I blush and scoff, looking away.

I'm not in love. Am I?

Splinter leaves and I take in my surroundings more.

There's a desk to my side, and it catches my attention.

A white red bull can and a card are on it.

The card is covered in cat stickers and says 'get well soon.'

I shakily reach over and open the card. 'You owe me hugs now science man.'

My heart flutters and a warm buzz flows through me.

This chemical reaction. I am in love.

"Donnie!"

Y/N comes in, her eyes wide. She looks scared, but relieved I am okay.

I'm relieved she's okay.

"Did I give you a scare Y/N?" I tease, smiling.

Y/N comes closer and sits in Splinter's chair. She leans forward and rolls my arm over to look at the bandages and IV.

"I was so worried... this was really scary seriously Donnie." She whimpers, tears escaping her beautiful eyes.

Now it is my turn to be concerned.

"Don't cry Y/N, I'm perfectly- erm- almost fine. I will heal in no time. And don't worry about my tech I have plenty of back ups and upgrades anyway. Big Mama failed to achieve what she was after." I try my hand at being comforting.

Her tears made my heart squeeze.

"I was just really scared and I know it's okay now but I'm just feeling all this emotion-" she sobs, wiping her eyes under her cute glasses.

Ah emotion.

I slide my arm up so I can hold her hand. She hiccups and looks down.

"You have nothing to worry about dear Y/N. If I'm not mistaken I owe you a hug?" I say charmingly.

Yessss. Good job.

Y/N's eyes widen and she smiles. "The gentlest hug ever."

We embrace.

Best hug ever!

"I would not recommend an energy drink as a gift to any persons in recovery, although I do appreciate the sentiment." I said light heartedly.

Y/N was smiling genuinely now. She was so lovely.

"It's the same one that you gave me that one time. I haven't drank it and I was hoping just in case you woke up with no memories that would help you." She said with a wink.

I chuckle softly. "If I were to forget you, and all you are and all we could be-" I smiled softly. "I would never cease to pursue you."

Y/N was clearly taken aback at my words. I'm far from a romantic, but something inside me was choosing her. It was a foreign feeling.

"That's so uncharacteristically sweet science man... you must've gotten hit hard in the head."she said, her voice trailing off as we locked eyes.

Her big beautiful eyes.

"How long was I out for? I believe my brothers are growing restless." I said, breaking the tension.

Sorry Leo it's just so much...

Y/N snapped out of it too. "Uhm- you were out for almost a full day. Let me make you some food while your brothers visit. And drink some water." she said, pointing at a cup of water next to me.

"Ah keep that up and you'll be a better parent figure than my papa." I joke, sipping the water.

She squeezes my hand. "I'll go get them. Be right back."

It's almost like a bolt of electricity sparked between us.

I believe this is... romantic tension? I'm so unfamiliar with this, I feel like a little kid.

She leaves and my brothers come roaring into the room.