13| El Chapulin

After Cesar dramatically left to work on his mysterious invention most of the Reyes family dispersed through out their home

After Cesar dramatically left to work on his mysterious invention most of the Reyes family dispersed through out their home. Not really knowing what else to do Gemma, Jenny and Javier remained seated at the table. Some part of Gemma questioned if she was even needed anymore, Jenny was the one who had the key to helping Jaime. 

But Gemma couldn't simply turn away, not anymore. She had to see this through. After all Victoria Kord still planned to build some kind of army with her father's ideas, that much was still her responsibility. But beyond all that she had to admit that the main reason as to why she couldn't just leave was Jaime. Gemma wanted to make sure that he was okay and that the Scarab would successfully be removed. 

"Gemma? Would you like to take a shower mija?" Mrs. Reyes questioned, her motherly tone was a shock to her. It was a tone that she was not used to and Gemma could not deny the warmth she felt at the woman's kindness. 

"I would love to shower." Gemma replied honestly, the fact that she was still covered in dirt and debris from going through the roof of the Reyes home had been in the back of her mind. She didn't even want to look at herself in the mirror afraid of how awful she probably looked. Not to mention how exhausted she felt after everything that had happened in the last couple of hours.

"You can borrow some of my clothes." Jaime offered, seeing as her clothes desperately needed to be washed at this point.

"I'm sure she doesn't want to wear your nasty clothes Jaime." Milagros stated, almost looking amused by the idea. Gemma couldn't help but feel a little relieved by her offer, for some reason wearing Jaime's clothes felt awkward. "I haven't seen you do laundry in like two weeks. I think I have something you can wear."

Jaime looked at his sister with obvious annoyance before he turned to Gemma. "I wash my clothes."

"Wait here and we'll get you everything you need." Mrs. Reyes assured her before Milagros and Jaime walked off following closely behind their mom. They were both arguing in hushed whispers before entering what Gemma assumed was Miliagros' room.