12| The Chosen One

Gemma could still feel her heart racing in her chest as Jaime helped her out of the truck

Gemma could still feel her heart racing in her chest as Jaime helped her out of the truck. She didn't know when they had arrived at the Reyes home, she only knew that couldn't move from the passenger seat.

She was afraid that if she did she would end up passing out somewhere on the street. As if passing out in front of Jaime Reyes and his family once wasn't embarrassing enough.

"Kid que esta pasando?" Javier questioned as he approached her, the panicked look on his face was no surprise.

Gemma didn't even know what to say. She wasn't entirely sure what the hell was happening or how to even explain it to him.

The only thing that she did know was that she didn't want him involved in any of it. This had all become too dangerous.

"Taco!" A loud scream practically echoed through the air as Cesar ran down the porch steps and towards his car. The furry and horror in his eyes was clear as he pushed past Jaime to be begging inspecting his truck. "Oh, my headlights! No! My mirrors! What the hell, man? What's wrong with you? Cabezon!"

"Come on." Jaime urged as his uncle continued to have a meltdown in front of them. He clearly wanted to get them all away from Cesar as soon as possible as he placed a hand on Gemma's shoulder guiding her into the house.

Once they were inside they all took a seat on the small dinning room table. Jaime immediately began to introduce Javier and Jenny to his family who were all waiting expectantly for Cesar to come inside.

"My tailgate!" They could here Cesar continue to yell outside followed by multiple curse words in Spanish

Suddenly there was silence before Cesar burst through the front door as he focused his rage on Jaime. "What did you do to the Taco?"

"And that... that's Rudy." Jaime finally introduced to Javier and Jenny who seemed incredibly uncomfortable.

Gemma probably would also feel uncomfortable if it wasn't for the fact that she simply couldn't get over the fact that they had been chased down the streets of Palmera City. She could still hear the gunshots ringing in her ears.