06| Parece Que Fue Ayer

Gemma sat on Victoria Kord's couch feeling nervous about what Jenny and her were about to do

Gemma sat on Victoria Kord's couch feeling nervous about what Jenny and her were about to do. She hated confrontation of any kind and she knew that their conversation with Victoria Kord would unravel negatively.

They were uninvited guest in her mansion. They were there to end a project that she was working on. They were young and Victoria Kord was going to see them as nothing more but children.

"Do you think your aunt will take this well?" Gemma questioned even though she suspected what the answer was going to be. But that didn't mean she was any less nervous.

"No. Not at all." Jenny replied bluntly.

Jenny stood when her aunt stepped into the room, and Gemma wished she could be half as confident as Jenny. All she could do was stay back as Jenny took a step forward knowing that she had to be the one to take charge of the conversation. "Aunt Vicki?"

"Jennifer, what are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming." Victoria Kord exclaimed as she pulled Jenny into a tight hug. She turned to the man standing by the door, that same wide smile on her face. And as much as Gemma always tries to see the good in people there was something about Victoria Kord that didn't feel real. "Oh, Carapax, this is Ted's daughter. My favorite niece, Jennifer."

Neither Jenny or Carapax acknowledged one another. Though for Carapax it mostly seemed to be due to him being stripped of any kind of personality.

Victoria turned to Gemma for the first time, her eyes widening and acting as if she hadn't seen her in the room until now. "And you are?"

"Gemma Ivo." She replied and watched as the smile in Victoria Kord's face faltered slightly.

"So, to what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?" Victoria replied as she turned her attention back to Jenny.

Victoria was a smart woman, she knew exactly why they were there. But she was choosing to pretend she was unaware of what was happening.