XIV: Deceived

"What do you want...?" Aeliana seethe in anger as she glared at the man in front of her.

Dislike was an understatement. She hated him to the bone. To the very core of her being. Her hands were itching to give him punches right at that moment but she had to restraint.

For now atleast.

"I just...wanted to talk to you." He speaks softly.

"Out with it then. And be direct. I don't have time to play word games with you." She narrowed her eyes at him sharply. Her gaze clearly holds nothing but malice.

Not even a single hint of friendliness Nox once saw in her eyes. They were so full of hatred, for him. He felt his heart ache.

"I want to help you. Your caretaker. She's...in Tsukio's hands right now." He hesitated as his voice carried a slight melancholy.

Hearing his words, Aeliana's expression took a 180 degree turn. "A-Aurora..? She's..alive?" She felt herself struggling to breathe.

Relief, shock, confusion and anger was what she could feel at the moment. Her emotions were slightly in frenzy.

Tears began to fall from her eyes as she was overwhelmed with relief. "She's alive..thank goodness.."

"I can help you save her." Nox said, gaining the attention of the female in front of him.

"You're not trying to get on my good side...are you?" Aeliana forewarned, not letting him try anything funny. Her tears stopped as she glared at him.

"I know you don't trust me anymore. And I know... I'm not deserving of your trust but your caretaker might be in danger the longer she stayed with Tsukio." He explains, hoping that Aeliana would atleast take his word with even a grain of salt.

"Please believe that I wanna help you. Genuinely. Please...Aeliana." He begged, going down on his knees as he pleaded for her to trust him once more.

"How can you prove that you won't betray me again?" Aeliana asks quietly.

Nox peered into her eyes and he saw a hope that glitters ever so slightly in her eyes...for him. To trust him again..but she was scared.

Scared that if she made the wrong decision, she would be putting everyone in danger. She had a massive responsibilities to shoulder...after all, the fate of the world lies in the palm of her hands.

"Aeliana..." Nox found himself hugging her petite figure, full of regrets. He whispered strings of apologies in her ears as tears trickles down his cheek.

The warmth of the young woman brought a sense of tranquility to him. His feelings that he kept trying to bury deep in his heart starts to resurface.

How he'd yearn to embrace her like this.

"Don't...cry. I..don't know how to comfort you if you suddenly cry like this.." She murmured into his ear.

Her arms found themselves wrapped around his torso as she gently pats him on the back to reassure him. She knew he was a gentle soul.

It's just that they met at an unfortunate timing.

"I'm so sorry....I regretted everything.. please forgive me.." He repeatedly apologizes.

"I..forgive you." She then pulled away and gave him a smile.

A warm smile that he has missed so much.

He couldn't help but return back a smile to her, grateful that she was such a kind soul.

Aeliana then closed the portal behind him and breathe a sigh of relief.