𝑰𝑽: 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑵𝒐 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆

Aeliana trudge the grassy meadow casually while reminiscing the fun times she had in the Isle village. Pictures and conversation she had with her loved ones lingered on her mind.

It has been like this for several days and she became used to it. The feeling of homesickness and the urge to go back but she force herself to not bend to her inner wishes and only go back after she has visited the Valley of Triumph.

While silently walking past the people in the prairie village, she heard a conversation that had a very peculiar information that made her stopped in her tracks.

"Have you heard there's a guy that could grant wishes?"

"Shh! Didn't you know that person is a Lunarian? Don't talk about him so casually..!"

"Has it been proved though? I met him myself. He doesn't even use powers like the lunarians."

"Really? But I heard someone died after asking him to grant their wishes."

"Probably just a rumor then. Come on, let's go."

"Huh... that's quite suspicious. I've never ever heard of him until now. Better avoid him I guess.." thought Aeliana.

She then walked into a small restaurant to buy some snacks before continuing her journey to Hidden Forest.

"How much will this be?" asked Aeliana.

"That will all be 15 candles." the shop owner smiles.

"Here you go. Thanks." Aeliana returned her smile.

"No problem. Please come again."

Aeliana nodded and turned on her heels, but before she could walk out, the shop owner called out to her.

"Um little lady? Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?" she asked Aeliana politely.

"I'm from the Isle of Dawn. Why?" Aeliana answered.

"Ah no wonder your outfit looks familiar. Though...I supposed you didn't hear what happened a few days ago..." the shop owner murmured.

"What happened..?" worry started to engulf Aeliana's heart.

"It's nothing. You don't need to know." the shop owner waved her hand in a declining manner.

"Please! Tell me what happened. I beg of you!" Aeliana cupped the owner's hand in hers.

"Nothing happened. There was a small incident but I don't know the full detail." the owner said and Aeliana let go of her hand.

"Thank you..Excuse me." Aeliana ran outside of the shop and asked a male florist the way to the temple since it's the only way she could access a teleporter.

"Why do you wanna go to the temple?" he asked.

"I- I need to go to the Isle of Dawn." anxiousness could be heard from her voice.

"Isle of Dawn? Wasn't their teleporter destroyed a few days ago in the Lunarian attack? You didn't know?" Aeliana felt hollow. She couldn't believe what she was hearing and fell to her knees.

"Are you okay??! Miss??" the florist frantically shook her shoulder to regain her attention but it was inevitable. She passed out from shock.

֎

"Aeliana." a soft voice called out to her.

"Yes, Aurora?" she tilted her head.

"If there is a day when we all disappear from this world except for you, I hope you can live out your life without regrets and burden because of us."

"Are you gonna disappear? To where? I want to follow you too." the woman smiled sadly.

"You can't. You have to live. Many people are gonna need you. So, live alright? Don't cry for us if that day ever comes. We'll always be watching you."

"We loved you. Live happily, for us."

֎

Aeliana opened her eyes slowly. Tears fell down from the corner of her eyes. She sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room. Just then, the door opens.

"Oh you're awake. How are you feeling?" a girl with long hair asked.

"Okay..I guess." Aeliana murmured softly, looking down at her hands.

"You must be very shocked to hear that kind of news. I heard you're from the Isle of Dawn. My condolences to you." she placed her hand on top of Aeliana's.

"It's...real? No one survived?" Aeliana asked, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Seeing Aeliana's expression, the girl couldn't answer her question with words. She shook her head in sympathy for Aeliana who looked like she has lost her will to live.

"How long does it take for me to fly there?" Aeliana asked again.

"Half a day if you don't plan on stopping anywhere." Aeliana nodded and got out of bed.

"You- don't plan on flying all the way there do you?" the girl sweat dropped.

Without giving her the answer, Aeliana said thank you and went out of the room. There were nothing else she could felt at that time other than one glimmer of hope that there's a survivor at least.

She took off flying, not minding the previous girl running after her to stop her. She was anxious. The anxiety she felt is immeasurable, she could feel the tiny hope she has becoming dimmer.

"Please...at least one survivor..!"

֎

Aeliana stopped in her tracks.

The once prosperous village full of life now became a desert of ashes. Remnants of tattered burnt clothes blew away with the wind. Her eyes never blinking and she fell to her knees.

She wants to cry, to wail in agony, to scream and yet she couldn't let them out. She's out of tears to pour, out of energy to wail and her throat dry. She kept staring into nothingness.

Feeling numb inside, she lost sight of herself. She didn't even know what's her purpose. What she should do. Where she should go. Who should she live for when there's no more home for her to return to.

"Tell me... what's the purpose of my creation? My existence?" she asked but no one answered.

"Is this...my destiny? Is it..my destiny to see my friends and family die?"

She kept asking questions knowing full well that nobody was there to answer them. Nobody at all.

Across the place where Aeliana was having a breakdown, three figures could be seen in the shadows watching the girl slowly losing her sanity. One of them was being held unconscious.

One of the figure smirked and vanished into a black mist with the other two people. Were the unconscious person a hostage? Who knows. Maybe they are...