20. The First Ball

"Cassie, Cassie, Cass-".

"Izzy," Cassie says with one eye open to watch her.

"Come on, you need to get up so we can make our hair and nail appointments. It's your ball!" She squeals.

"She's right we need to get going," Dora says, from the bathroom.

"I'm going," she tells them with a smile on her face. Cassie was excited. This was her day. Sure, her birthday was hers as well, but this was specifically for her. A day to show off her. The only thing that would make it better was her brother and a certain werewolf.

She flips the blankets off of her and makes her way to the bathroom and brushes her teeth and washes her face. She gets dressed as the three girls make their way down the stairs where Cassie's mother and aunt were sitting in the living room with Narcissa and Bella. When they get to the bottom all four adults stand up and smile at the girls. "Good morning," Walburga greets her daughter. "Breakfast should be about ready."

Cassie feels a weird warmth in her heart as she sees her mother almost break into a genuine smile before they head to the dining room. Food had just been finished being set on the table by the house elves and all the girls sat down.

"Your aunt and I will be leaving as you do to pick up the dresses and making sure that the decorators didn't mess up anything," Walburga said as they all started to eat.

"Why are the men not awake?" Druella asked, annoyed and all of the girls rolled their eyes.

"Well, I for one, can't wait to see Cassie's dress," Narcissa said, smiling at her younger cousin and she smiled back. She still remembers Narcissa's. She had a silk black dress that was lovely with thin straps and her ball was so lively and beautiful.

"Oh, it'll be just perfect," Izzy promised, looking at her best friend. "I just know it." She had already seen it, not in person, in her dreams. Last night was gruesome. She had seen her brother at some wedding, James Potter was there as well and the whole thing was incredibly confusing.

Everyone finished eating their food then headed their separate ways for their different tasks. Cassie spent her day getting various things done. She did her nails, got a massage, then lunch.

The group headed by to her house to actually start the getting ready process that would take hours.

"We look hot," Pandora said, looking at the other two and they giggled. "And we haven't even gotten ready yet."

Izzy flipped her hair, "we're just naturally gorgeous."

Cassie smiled at her friends and looked over to the fireplace as the makeup and hair team arrived through the upper level floo system. The third floor living room and most of the bathrooms were completely taken over by the girls as they got dressed.

Their family always had to look the best (not that the Blacks didn't already). There was a huge team so mostly everyone was getting their hair and makeup done at the same time. Cassie and the court had their makeup done in green and the rest of the family had their makeup done in black and gold.

Once they were done the adults got into their dresses. They were wearing once again black with gold accents. Pandora and Izzy were wearing flowy green dresses with silver jewelry. The colors were emerald, gold, and silver for the rest of the ball.

Finally, it was time to get Cassie. She got on her dress and heels and the hair and makeup people did final touch ups and cleaned as Dora and Izzy grabbed their flowers.

Walburga walked over to Cassie. She had a tiara in her hands. It was passed down by several generations of Blacks. It was silver and had diamonds encrusted into it.