29. Izzy and Ash

Being back home wasn't amazing, the house was quieter and there was more tension.

The only thing that made it better was the Izzy's ball was coming up so Cassie and Regulus had a reason to be out of the house.

Well, that and the fact that Cassie now had to attend meetings with her cousins for the Dark Lord. Her parents didn't go and didn't talk about her going.

She didn't speak in the meetings, just mostly sat there and listened to whatever they talked about, mostly plans on how to get the ministry on their side, they were gaining werewolves, giants, and starting on the dementors.

It was moving slowly, but surely. Muggles were being attacked left and right.

During their last meeting, Barty was talking about it. None of them except Regulus and Theo knew that Cassie was a Death Eater, but they would know once Izzy and Ash got their marks, then Regulus later in the summer.

The day of Izzy's ball was very busy. Cassie and Regulus had come back from their manor in France a few days before to make sure that their gifts were finished and that decoration and food were already prepared.

The court headed to the Parkinson's manor early in the day, all of their cousins and aunts were running around, getting everything ready. Cassie dropped off their dresses in the room where they were getting ready before walking to Izzy's bedroom door.

It was painted with her name on it and her best friend knocked before walking in. Izzy was still asleep. Her room was a mix of colors, different blues, pinks, reds. None of it really went together, but it looked good nonetheless.

The Black shook her friend awake excitedly, "come on, we need to start getting ready."

Izzy's eyes slowly opened and she turned away, "do we have too?"

Cassie laughed and moved in closer, "do you want to be pretty for your ball." Izzy jumped up so fast she knocked Cassie onto the floor and ran to her closet.

"Are you insane? Why didn't you wake up earlier," the girl quickly grabbed a shirt and changed out of her pajama pants in her bathroom and fixed her hair. "We need to get so much done. IT'S MY BALL!"

Cassie smiled at her and got off the floor, "we have everything planned and ready, we'll be fine. Just get in the shower, the elves are bringing up food." She shoved her best friend back into the bathroom and helped pick up a few things off the floor.

"The make-up artist will be here in an hour, I already picked up our dresses, the court just got here, and the food is being prepared. The hall is already decorated, we just need to pass out the favors and do finishing touches," Cassie yelled to her.

All the girls after breakfast split into a different room than the guys to get dressed. The make-up artist arrived and did their hair and make-up and then they helped Izzy get into her dress.

Her dress was black and had see-through sleeves, the top was a v-neck and glittery. Cassie handed her some jewelry, a necklace encrusted with black diamonds, a similar tiara to her friends that was gold with black jewels, and a family ring.

Her shoes were velvet black and had a dragon design on the heel. Her hair was recently dyed with purple streaks that looked beautiful half-up/half-down style with a braid.

The court, Cora (her cousin), Cassie, and another cousin named Farrah were all wearing golden glittery dresses that matched the color theme.

When they group was done, there was a knock on the door and Ash walked in, dressed a ready. "Mom says it's almost time," Ash told them and smiled at his sister.