12. Christmas Break

The weather had gotten colder and Christmas was among them. The looming thought of having to have their second game with Warrington as Captain again was weighing down on the Slytheirns and making them dread coming back from break.

Cassie walked down stairs with her bag over her shoulder-- she didn't need to take much home. She made it ot the bottom and saw several students lingering in the common room, saying goodbye to one another before they left for their various homes. "Hey, ready to go?" She asked her brother who was sat on the couch, playing chess with Ash.

"Yep, just waiting for you, you took forever," he complained rolling his eyes. Cassie slapped the back of his head and he hit her hand in return.

"That wasn't my fault, blame Izzy, she forgot where she left her wand," she complains, glaring at her as she walked down the stairs.

"Merlin, I said I was sorry!"

Ash snorted and shook his head, "dumbass."

Theo huffed and got up, grabbing the two boys next to him (Densel and Aries), "Alright, come on we're going to be late for the train. If we're late it will leave without us. If it leaves without us our parents will kill all of us. Now let's go."

"Alright, alright," Evan complains and knocked over the chess game so that Regulus and Ash would stop. They both made noises of complaints until Izzy started yelling.

"LET'S GO!" Cassie rolled her eyes and waved her wand, muttering the incantation, and putting the pieces back onto the table.

The group of Slytheirns race to the station and make it there with plenty of time to get on and find a compartment. Unfortunately, like always, their group was too big so they split up. Regulus, Theo, Den, and Cassie were in one as they were going to talk quidditch and Evan, Barty, Aries, Izzy, and Pandora were in another.

"So anything I can help with for the plays?" Cassie asked, normally they didn't like too many people's inputs for team stuff if they weren't on the team, but she could tell they absolutely needed it.

Densel groans, rubbing his hands over his face and dramatically throwing his head back, "It's no use anything we plan out Warrington is just going to dismiss. It's either because we're younger, have less 'power', or because we're friends with you," he scoffs, crossing his arms like a child and grabbing a paper ball to throw up in the air.

"By the way he will not let up about you sleeping with all of us. Where did that idea even come from?" Theo exclaims frustrated.

Reggie sighs, he loved staying up at night thinking of all the ways he could torture both him and the Carrow twins. "I hate him and now we have to go to a party and spend time with him. Also, I heard that Carrow is going to try and court Iz."  Cassie snapped her head over to her younger brother with fury in her eyes.

"Excuse me? He's going to try and do WHAT?" She asks, practically foaming at the mouth, ready to tear something apart. "I swear to god he tries anything and I will murder him."

Theo scoffed and nodded with a pleasant smirk on his face, "don't worry, we're all with you."

~

Just like every year, the train ride came and went. Soon, the children were waiting on the platform to be greeted with hugs, and 'welcome backs', or-- by Walburga.

"Hello mother," Reggie greets as he walks up with a smile.

"Hello children," she answers back with the same look on her face as she always did, slightly showing a bit of disgust anytime a muggle came close. "Have you been getting good grades this semester?" She asks with a pointed look.