⤷ 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀

AS THE MOON IS TO THE SEA

AS THE MOON IS TO THE SEA . PREVIEW

▅▅▅

     NEUVILLETTE WAS UNFAMILIAR WITH EMOTIONS.

     As the Chief Justice of Fontaine, his duties have always presided over him and were of greater importance. By becoming the nation's Iudex, he was attempting to define his purpose in life. Why a being such as himself was even born into the crux of the world's changes.

     While he's succeeded for decades in ensuring that everyone was an arm's length away from him, far from the walls he's surrounded himself, how had you managed to crawl into every crevice of his mind without his own consent? Without so much as a simple notice that the air in his lungs every time you smiled was enough to shake the very foundations of his belief that he was incapable of even a speck of humanity?

     "Monsieur Nevillette, are you alright?"

      And yet as your questioning eyes flooded with concern clearly directed at him studied the expression of his bleak countenance, he could barely manage to refute what his heart had long accepted.

     He was unfamiliar with emotions and yet this one, he was certain of.

     There was no trial, no verdict, nor procedure required for him to conclude or determine what it was he felt for you.

     That was the essential truth of it, (Name) was carved eternally in his life— and he ached for you with every scale of his being. As a bee does a flower; as integral an artery was to the heart, and as vital the moon is to the tides of the sea.

     After all, how could he not fall hopelessly for you when he loved you long before even knowing what love was?

     "You have clawed my heart from the pits of darkness. Tell me, how am I supposed to forget you?"

▅▅▅

[ nevillette x fem. reader ]
[ second POV reader, third POV neuvillette ]

10. 01. 23