NINE[The Memory]

[Trails of Crimson]
[Chapter 9]

|| Nothing more than a ghost ||

********************

"Enjoying yourself?" Y/n called out as he walked up to Nami, watching as she glanced at her compass.

"Oh, you are actually asking me this time? You aren't sneaking up and grabbing me?" She cocked an eyebrow as she glared at Y/n.

"I can still do it," Y/n opened his arms suggestively. "I've seen how much you like my arms around you," He teased. "You know? Just throwing yourself in my arms the moment you see me," He gave her a playful wink as he leaned against the railing.

"Do you have anything else to do besides annoying me?" She rolled her eyes as she shook her head. "You need something else to do," She tried to sound stern as she glared at Y/n but her lips betrayed her, a smile forming across her face before she just let out a scoff and walked over to the figurehead where Luffy sat.

"Enjoying yourself, Captain?" Y/n shouted as he watched Luffy adjusting his straw hat.

Luffy turned to face the two, a massive grin as he looked at Nami. "I told you it would work out," He boasted.

"Yeah, well don't get used to it," She warned as she leaned against the ropes, shaking her head at the Rubber man.

"Used to what?" Luffy smiled at the two of them, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Being right,"

Luffy just chuckled as he looked at the ocean in front of them. "Y/n, get up here! You need to see this view!" He called out to his friend.

"Yeah! Because I can just stretch myself to the top of this head," Y/n rolled his eyes as he looked at his childhood friend. "I think I'll pass," He shook his head as he turned to leave the two of them.

"Just use your fruit like always," Luffy laughed as he turned to look at Y/n again, his usual grin plastered on his face.

"I said I'll pass," Y/n was more stern as he looked up at Luffy who realized something was wrong and quickly nodded before looking forward again, allowing Y/n to leave this time while Nami just shifted her gaze between the two of them.

********************

[Somewhere inside the Rommel Kingdom]

A group stood at the end of an alley, all whispering and muttering to each other with a bag in the centre of the circle they had formed. "We have finally accomplished it," One of the six men chuckled.

"And you thought it was going to be harder," The second man chuckled as he gave the first a pat on the back. "It was easy..." He froze when he suddenly saw his breath become visible before a chill ran up his arms. "Hey! Is anyone else cold?" He asked as he began rubbing his arm to warm it up.

"Just you..." A calm voice spoke from the entrance of the alley causing everyone to turn their attention towards the cloaked figure. "After all, a corpse is always cold," He added as he slowly began walking closer, eyes hidden under the hood and yet they could feel the cold chill of his gaze.

"And who are you?" A third man questioned as he pulled out a sword, watching as the cloaked figure ignored his question and continued his slow approach. "I'll make you talk then," He yelled as he charged forward, ignoring everyone's warning.

The five men watched as their teammate lifted his sword above his head before becoming stiff, dropping his sword as he stood there. The figure shifted its cloak out of the way as he brought his fist back before driving it forward, everyone watched as his fist pierced right through their teammate's chest.