FIVE[The Past]

[Trails of Crimson]
[Chapter Five]

|| Rift of Wrath ||

WARNING: DURNING THE FLASHBACK SCENE... IT GETS DARK AND VIOLENT SO WHEN YOU SEE '********************' FOLLOWED BY ITALIC TEXT, THAT MEANS IT'S THE FLASHBACK...

*************************

Y/n would tease Luffy for being an opportunist but at the end of the day, so was he... So that was why he decided to put some Observation Haki to work, focusing on the Navigator who sat at the front of the ship, studying her map.

Thanks to the power of Kenbunshoku Haki he was able to predict her movement and focus point, allowing him to sneak past her while still being in the open, sticking to the very edge of the ship, somehow seeming invisible... This was not the first time he had used Observation Haki for this, not by a long shot.

Y/n snuck up behind the orange-haired woman, watching as she inspected the map in great detail but then came the problem of the sun, not really because before Nami could even register the shadow that was projected from behind her, Y/n wrapped his arms around her and lifted her. "How are you doing?" He chuckled as she let out a scream, gripping tightly onto the map as she flailed her legs around.

"Y/N! Put me down!" She squealed as Y/n just laughed as he slowly lowered her back to her feet. "What was that for?" She practically yelled as she spun around to face the mischievous man-child.

"You were way too obsessed with sitting here alone," Y/n smiled as he shrugged his shoulder, watching as Nami took a deep breath and prepared to say something. "And plus, you are way too cute in those glasses to just leave you alone," He chuckled as he leaned forward until their nose touched before slowly pulling back.

"I see you really enjoy invading my personal space," Nami glared at the taller man, trying her best not to sound entertained by his antics.

"Well, if you want me to stop then I will," Y/n's smile never faltered as he looked at Nami. "Must I?" He asked playfully watching as Nami opened her mouth to respond.

"Y/n! Nami!" Luffy called out to the two, cutting her off before she could even speak. Nami chose to ignore him as she took a deep breath before opening her mouth again. "Y/n! Nami!" Luffy cut her off for the second time.

"What?" Nami spun on her heels to face the rubber man.

Luffy moved around as he lifted the large black flag. "It's ready!" Luffy exclaimed as he showed them the strange skull and bones with a straw hat, his own Jolly Roger.

"And what is it?" She sounded less impressed than the man behind her as she looked at it.

"Our Jolly Roger!" Luffy grind with a smile that could challenge the Chesire Cat "Every pirate crew has to have one,"

"He has a point," Y/n smiled as he nudged Nami.

"And now we do!"

"We are not a crew," Nami responded coldly before looking at Y/n. "And you are not hanging that on my boat," She warned them, specifically Y/n as she turned around and sat down, focusing on her map again.

The two ecstatic men looked at each other in disappointment as the door behind Luffy opened to reveal the swordsman. "Zoro, Zoro," Luffy called out as he raised the flag once more. "Check it out,"

Zoro stared at it for a moment. "That's unique," He muttered which caused Luffy to give him a confused smile. "The toilets busted," He added as he leaned against the handrail.

"We don't have a toilet," Nami looked at the swordsman and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh," He didn't sound too concerned as he looked at her. "Well then, something back there is leaking," He mentioned like it was nothing as he motioned towards the door.