ONE[The man, the myth]

[Trails of Crimson]
[Chapter 1]

"Still no sign of him," The marine called out as they watched the ship in front of them sink below the water.

"That is impossible!" The Commander yelled as he looked at the line of Pirates in front of him. "This man was seen with you lot, where is he?" He questioned the Pirate Captain who knelt before him.

"I swear, we don't know who you are talking about," The pirate begged as he struggled against the ropes that held him. "These are all my men and we haven't done anything," He continued as they watched the large Commander stalk around them.

"The Ghost, where is he?" The booming voice of the marine caused the Pirates to jump.

"The Ghost?" The scruffy Pirate seemed taken aback by the question. "The Ghost is a fairytale some pirates made up to scare others," He explained as they listened to the heavy boots marching behind them. "He doesn't exist, please!"

"Wrong answer," The Commander muttered before a gun went off as the rest of the crew watched the Pirate Captain's head explode, blood splattering all over the deck as his body slumped forward. "Your turn to talk," The Commander mumbled as he pressed the hot tip of his pistol against the back of the next Pirate's skull.

 "Your turn to talk," The Commander mumbled as he pressed the hot tip of his pistol against the back of the next Pirate's skull

[Somewhere inside Shells Town, 153rd Marine Branch]

The heavy thumping of Y/n's feet echoed threw the city streets as he ran down the road, bag gripped tightly in one hand as he looked over his shoulder with a massive smile on his face. "You are way too slow!" He laughed, his h/c locks blowing in his face as he turned down another alley.

"Get back here!" A voice yelled as three figures charged after him.

"If I just did that then this wouldn't be so fun!" He playfully whined, hot breath blowing against the fabric wrapped around the lower part of his face as he jumped into the air, soaring over a Merchant table before he continued his escape. "You carry on like I stole something!" He laughed as he watched them slowly get closer and closer.

"You little shit!" One of the men yelled as he reached his hand out, almost grasping the collar of Y/n's shirt but just as his fingers made contact with the fabric, Y/n dropped and used his moment to slide under the table that seemed to come out of nowhere.

Y/n just made it to his feet before watching the man run full force into the table almost cutting his legs off from the force as he tumbled over the table. Y/n stopped for a moment to laugh at the man's misfortune as he felt his bag for a second and with an arrogant smirk, he took off running once more.

Y/n soon came to a stop at the bottom of a quiet alley, knowing that he had finally escaped them as he leaned against the wall. His playful smile was still plastered over his face as he took deep breaths to calm himself down. "Still up to no good?" An old, calm voice called out to the tired man.