Chapter 14 - Date Chapter: Rinko

[Word count - 1,495]

The next day...

Location - Shirokane Residence, Rinko's Room

Rinko's POV

Today we have the weekend off from rehearsals, but I was struggling with the new song Yukina was working on. So instead playing Neo Fantasy Online like I always do, I decided to spend my day off practicing. I didn't want to get left behind when we perform it on stage.

While practicing, my phone started going off more than once. Someone was notifying me of a text message.

"I wonder... who could that be?"

I picked up my phone and looked at it. It was from Imai, and she sent pictures of her and (Y/N) in the Roselia group chat. Then in her message, she said...

Lisa's text: (Y/N) and I have a good time the other day.

It sounds like Imai had a good time with (Y/N). Although... what is this painful feeling in my heart? Is it because (Y/N) hung out with her instead of me?

I've always wanted to hangout with him, but my shyness got the better of me, and I felt scared that he might not say no to me. But now... I feel like this is my chance to build up the courage to ask him to hangout with me. But I don't have his number.

I decided to text Imai about this.

Rinko's text: Hey, Imai-san... Do you have a moment?

Lisa's text: Yeah, what's up?

Rinko's text: Do you have (Y/N)-san's number?

Lisa's text: Yeah, I do. Do you need to talk to him?

Rinko's text: Yes, I do. And I don't think I can wait until I see him in person for it.

Lisa's text: Well, okay then.

Imai texted me the phone number and I saved it onto my contacts. It took a while for me to build up some courage, but I was finally ready to talk to him.

Rinko's text: Hi, (Y/N)-san. It's Rinko. Do you have a moment to talk?

Your text: Rinko? Sure, but... how did you get my number?

Rinko's text: Imai-san gave it to me.

Your text: I see. But yeah, what's up?

Rinko's text: I want to know... are you free today?

Your text: Yeah, I am. Why you ask?

Rinko's text: Well, I am wondering if you... wanted to hangout with me today?

I had a wait a little bit before he responded, but the wait was worth it.

Your text: Sure. I'd be to hangout with you, Rinko. ^_^

Rinko's text: Awesome. I'm looking forward to it. ^-^

Your text: Yeah, me too.
_____________________________________________

Two hours later...

Your POV

I'll admit that Rinko's sudden invite to hangout with me took me by surprise, but I'm still happy that she wants me to see her. She sent me her address and that I would pick her up from her house.

As I got there, Rinko was hanging out by her front door. She saw me and grinned.

"Good afternoon, (Y/N)-san." She said with a small smile.