Chapter 5 - Hello, Happy World!

[Word count - 1,873]

Location - ???

Your POV

Huh? What's going on? Where am I? I did my best to look around, but everywhere I see... is total darkness. Then I spotted someone in the distance. Someone familiar.

"Is that... father?"

Yes... it was my father, but he seems to be walking away from me rather than towards me. I began calling out to him.

"Father! Where are you going?"

He didn't answer me at all. Did he not know I was behind him? I began to make my way towards him.

"Father, wait up!"

Once again, he didn't answer, so I tried my best to get closer to him, but no matter what I did, he seems to be out of my grasp.

"Father please! Don't leave me!"

Once again, my father didn't hear me.

"Father... FATHER!!!"
_____________________________________________

The next morning...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N) Room

My eyes shot open, and the first thing I saw was the ceiling in my bedroom. At that moment, I realized that I was dreaming. And no doubt... that that person in my dream was my father.

"Father..."

I did my best to forget the pain my father put my heart when he left me and my mom.

"I shouldn't think about it..." I told myself as I got out of bed, and got ready to go to school.
_____________________________________________

Lunch time...

Location - Abazu High School, Courtyard...

Thankfully I managed to keep myself focused in school. But once lunch time rolled around, I began to think about the disappearance of my father. I often wonder if he doing okay, and... I wonder if he better off without me and mom...

"Hey, you still alive."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up. Standing before was Kazuma.

"Oh, it's you." I said. "Did you need something?"

"Nothing, it's just... you don't seem like yourself today, so I thought I would check on you."

Hearing that made me feel better, but I don't know Kazuma well enough to tell everything that's been going on.

"Thanks, but I'll be okay."

"If you say so..."

Our moment of silence was interrupted by the sound of a loud voice.

"Hey you! How about joining me into making people smile?"

Kazuma and I looked over to saw where that voice was coming from. It was a high school girl who managed to find a way onto our campus. She had long blond hair and matching eyes to boot. I even notice the school uniform she was wearing, too: Hanasakigawa.

"What the hell is that girl doing?" I asked Kazuma.

"I don't know. She just showed up out of nowhere and started asking people to help her make other people smile." Kazuma explained.

This girl was a weirdo for sure. Doesn't she realize that today is a school day, and she should get back to her own school.

The mystery girl spotted Kazuma and I by the tree in the courtyard. Excited, she made her way over to us... DOING BACKFLIPS?!