Chapter 2 - Afterglow

[Word count - 1,237]

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence

Your POV

Here we are again, another day of me going to school. At first, I thought this was just going to be another boring day for me, but ever since I started working at CiRCLE, and became friends with the girls from Poppin' Party, I felt like my life has meaning again.

While walking out the door to go to my school, I noticed someone else leaving their house as well. It was a female with short black hair with dark red eyes. She was wearing a school uniform that I recognized, it belongs to Haneoka Girls Academy. I should know, because... my mom went there for high school.

She notices me staring at her, and gave me a rather cold expression.

"What are you looking at?" She asked.

"Oh, no reason." I replied. "Sorry for staring..."

Her facial expression soften a little bit.

"Well, I guess it's ok." She said, and just like that, she walked away.

I walked away to my school in the opposite direction. But as I was making my way over there, I couldn't help but think I'll see her again. I  don't know when, but I know it'll happen soon.
_____________________________________________

Near the end of the day...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Studio

"You sure learn quickly, do you?" Marina asked as she watched me set up the studio room.

"Hehe, yeah, I guess I am." I said as my cheeks turned red a little bit from the praise.

Marina smiled at me.

"Well, if you keep this up, you'll be able to do the work on your own for now on." She said.

That did sounded promising. It has been a few days since I have started working here at CiRCLE, and during those few days, Marina has been training me, so that one day, I can do everything by myself. And let me tell you, it hasn't exactly been easy.

"Okay, so the studio room is officially ready." Marina said. "I'd say you did good."

"Thanks." I said to her while wiping off the sweat on my head.

"So, who's going to use the studio room today?" I asked.

Marina pondered for a moment.

"Today, I believe it's Afterglow's turn to use the studio room." She answered. "Have you heard of them before?" 

"Can't say that I have." I replied. 

"Well..." Marina began. "Afterglow is a band that is made up of five childhood friends. From what they told me, they made the band so that they can be together forever."

"Oh, I see."

Before long, the doors to CiRCLE opened up, and five girls walked in. This must be Afterglow, just because they give off a completely different vibe than Poppin' Party. As I made eye contact with them, I recognize the black-haired girl I saw this morning. She recognized me as well.

"Hey, I remember you." I said. "Good to see you again."

The girl blushed in embarrassment.

"Y-Yeah, good to see you too." She replied.

"Oh, do you know Ran-chan, (Y/N)-kun?" Marina asked.

"I guess you can say that." I answered before I continue to talk.