Chapter 10

9:23 am

This trip was supposed to start early, likely around 7:40 a.m., so that they could finish by evening. But, because of a certain someone it was delayed by hours.

"Are you going to hold a grudge? Fine, do it. I don't care" She leaned back to get comfortable before going back to eating snacks.

Alexx glared at her from the corner of his eyes before going back to driving. He didn't want to delay any further.

He had messaged Adam to wait at the outskirts of Greta. Even though it's right next to Bluestreet. There is a big difference in culture. And that is why the vibe here is different.

They would have been entering the province of Gredonia by eleven. Though it's not possible anymore.

He could already imagine Adam's angry face when they reached. It was funny to think about it but scary if you ask.

The drive was about four hours long. The first hour was unbearable.  On the other hand, the rest of the ride was too silent because Clara fell asleep halfway.

The highway passed through a beautiful landscape. The tall mountains stood tall making a barrier, keeping Greta hidden away.

As they reached the gates of Greta the bright sky drifted off to dark clouds.

Adam could be seen leaning on his car holding a can. His hair was disheveled and swayed to the left. While he looked busy with his thoughts as he stared in the distance.

Alexx stopped the car and stepped out. Pulling the jacket closer as the cold chilly wind hit him.

Hearing the noise Adam looked behind. A scowl made its way onto his face as he waited for Alexx to reach him. After waiting for a while he took a few steps forward.

"Took you long enough" he scowled, ready to throw the can anytime.

"I had to wait till Clara woke up" Alexx shrugged.

"Yeah. You could not bear to wake her from her dreamland" Adam narrowed his eyes at his lame excuse. He reached at seven in the morning only to find a long empty highway, with the person who called him missing. Just for him to show up two hours late.

"Why are you guys heated up so early in the afternoon"

They both turned their necks so fast it could snap. After taking a deep breath and calming their nerves. They got ready to continue with the journey.

The weather didn't help at all with their condition. After a few turns they got lost. The houses looked similar but gave very different vibes.

There was no one in sight. It looked deserted. But then why would David send them to a deserted place? Maybe everyone went to their houses for shelter. Then again animals are not left out in the open.

"I think we should get down," Clara said. She has been looking out the window for some time. Don't know what she finds interesting.

"It's dangerous" Alexx locked the door just in case. He did have a very unpredictable sister.

"We could run to the nearest house, knock on the door, and ask for directions," Clara said. She made it sound so simple. If only.

"Let's drive in a little more. We'll find someone one way or the other" Alexx continued driving ahead. The rain had stopped. But the clouds were still dark. The weather was chilly though they didn't feel it yet.

Clara played with Alexx's phone, no idea when she took it. In her defense, her network wasn't networking. Even though there was no internet connection in his either.