Chapter 5

"Alexx-an, you won't believe what I saw~" Clara sang beside Alexx.

"What did you see?" Alexx looked up from his wirk. He was the least bit interested in her weird talks, he already knew what she was going to say.

"I saw you-"

"Where did you see me?"

"In my dream," she told happily. Alexx rubbed his face, questioning his life decisions.

"You know what the weird thing is" she paused to glance at Alexx. While his expression didn't seem too good.

"It was not a sweet dream"

He took a deep breath before going back to focusing on his work.

The stolen cars were the newest edition of his collection. They were planned to be used for the upcoming races, which were going to be held in Johnbell.

                            ___________

3:23 pm

Alexx got a call from Pete. He found a lead and wanted to share it with him. Itty's disappearance caused a lot of ruckus in the house. They didn't get time to relax like before.

Since he was going to meet Pete, it was a nice excuse to take Clara out. They both needed to clear their heads before proceeding further.

He knocked at Clara's door. The crashing of things could be heard from inside. His face wrinkled at the painful noises.

She opened the door after a few knocks. Her eyes almost earned a hit by Alexx's hand, which was raised mid-air.

"We are going out," he said, sounding more like an announcement.

He waited to see any change of reaction on her face, but the door was slammed shut after a small "alright".

He stood there processing what just happened. Usually, people opened doors for him willingly. But then again this is not his workplace. This is his home, where no one respects him or his privacy.

He looked through his collection. He could drive his usual car but considering Clara she'll probably try something funny to ruin it.

After commencing for long he decided to take another car. He can't trust Clara when it comes to his favorite things.

He shook away his thoughts. It's scary to even think about it.  He drove the car out to Clara who stood at a distance. Ofcourse she won't walk her way to the car. She grinned as she took a seat beside him.

"Where are we going you fool"

Alexx sighed looking at Clara with tired eyes. There was no winning with Clara. Her arguments made no sense. And logic wasn't even close.

They passed through buildings and then more buildings until they finally reached a place which looked different from the rest of the city. There were many trees compared to other areas.

"Looks like everyone is on vacation today" Alexx muttered.

"Look at you" she looked at alexx " -and look at them" she glanced at the busy streets. She shook her head in disappointment.

Alexx gave her a puzzled look. As she sighed before explaining.

"They look your age. But you guys are so different" she elaborated.

"At least they have a partner to hang out with on a romantic night" She looked back at Alexx, before looking out the window.

"They are just wasting their time" Alexx snorted pointing at all the passing couples. Who unaware of Alexx's comment passed by happily.