Chapter 6

Alexx and Clara said their goodbyes to Pete and Rio eventually calling it a day.

But trouble just happened to be waiting for them. Just as they reached home Alexx got a message from Pete telling them the location of the stolen cars.

The current location showed the outskirts of Starbell. It's still a mystery how it got stolen in the first place.

Alexx turned the car around drifting swiftly. His experience in the field easily showing through.

Clara turned towards Alexx, clicking her tongue "You look experienced"

Alexx chuckled nervously. A drop of sweat sliding down his face.

"You look nervous. Tell me, did you drive illegally?"

Alexx gulped but kept his mouth shut. 'It's all in the past'

"Hah! I knew it" She crossed her hands in front of her. "And then you say 'dont break the laws' "

"It's all in the past. Focus on the present" Alexx cried, looking at Clara's grudgeful face.

It was true. He wasn't always calm. He too had a rebellious period of his own. He used to study in Bridget high school one of the well-known schools in Bluestreet. The students said otherwise.

He along with Dan and others used to race a lot. It was all fun and rainbows back then. Many of his fond memories belong to that place. The joy he got when he won. But it's all in the past.

                       ___________

"Adam I found the location of the cars that were stolen from the Marshall's garage" Her eyes shined as she spoke enthusiastically.

These days she wasn't herself. It's as if she was possessed. She got curious about random little things.

"Shouldn't we tell him"

"Why would we? Don't you remember, he declined our request" she frowned thinking about that day. She wanted to get back at him.

Adam looked at her hesitant. He didn't wanted to lose her. Revenge wasn't their specialty. They would feel guilty sooner or later. But the truth was he was upset with him too.

"let's go " Jess dragged Adam outside. As they hit the roads at full speed.

A cruel grin made its way to her face creeping Adam. The way her eyes showed madness send a chill down his back.

                        ____________

'Riiiing'

Alexx flinched at the shrill noise also making Clara almost jumped out her seat.

"That scared me" Clara breathed heavily.

"That's your phone"

Clara chuckled before picking up the call.

"Who is it?"

"Pete"

"oh"

Alexx signaled her to put the phone on speaker, which she did without asking any questions.

"It looks like someone got the information before us"

"Is there a shortcut" his eyes looked tentatively on the road. It was dark outside. Only a street light was visible in the form of a yellowish dot. Which didn't help him in a slightest.

"No"

"...fuck!"

The car jolted forward , something slammed into them from behind. The sound of metal scraping against metal filled the air. Alexx gripped the steering wheel tightly, his heart racing with adrenaline.

"If we die here, I'm going to haunt you Alexx!" Clara cried, holding on to her safety belt.

Looking in the rearview mirror, he saw another car behind them, its front bumper pressed up against the back of their vehicle. The driver was reviving the engine trying to push the car sideways.

Looking around he saw the other car speeding away. Even though he had narrowly avoided a situation there was another problem.

The car wasn't starting. Looks like that person gave a lot of damage. Alexx walked out to check the situation Clara following after him.

Smoke rose from the engine. Making it clear to not depend on it.

Alexx sighed, looking at the car. He wanted nothing but to find those people. And stran-...

"Get in"

They both turned to look at the stranger who descended upon them to get them out of this situation. A look of surprise crossed them as they wondered the same thing.

What was she doing here?

Annabeth Chester.

Alexx and Clara got in awkwardly. It was not the best feeling to be found helpless. Especially by Annabeth Chester.

"You were following us" Alexx turned his head to look at Annabeth. She forced a smile; she wanted to avoid this topic the most. But here she was.

"I got curious," Annabeth said innocently with a pout. Clara's face morphed into a pained expression, as she heard her speak.

"Don't follow me from today. It's dangerous"

"I was worried. Since a few days back you asked about Itty. I haven't been able to reach her" Alexx shrank towards the door, keeping a distance as away as possible. Women can be scary when they are angry.

"Is Itty alright?" Her voice visibly softened her eyebrows forming a straight line. Making her look innocent but is she?

"Yes"

"Don't lie Alexx" she glared at him from the rearview. Reversing their roles as Alexx avoided her eyes.

"Can you drive a little faster" Clara chimed in front behind. Alexx sighed in relief being saved by his sister once again.

Annabeth glanced at Alexx for the last time before speeding up. And damn she knew how to handle it well.

"Are you sure, we will be alright?" Alexx asked. He loved his life a lot.

"Don't you trust me-"

"Of course not" Alexx and Clara cried together.

"-you guys are going to be fine"

The path ahead was dark, but the turns were few compared to many other areas. Which was an advantage for them.

Annabeth drove swiftly and smoothly.
Even shocking Alexx. He always thought she was bad at driving.

"Do you think she's Annabeth" Clara whispered close to Alexx' ear.

"I don't think so. She's had..."

"I can hear you, you know"

Clara leaned back on the seat while Alexx' turned around sitting straight.

"Hold on tight," Annabeth said. Before zooming past a grey car.  They came to a stop in front of an old warehouse. Which didn't look in a good shape.

The lights were turned on. But there was no sign of a human.  Either the person who stole these isn't here or they were hiding inside.

The only source of light outside was a street light which stood 50 meters away from the building. 

                       ___________