Chapter 2

"Should I prepare for your funeral?" Clara asked, taking a spoonful bite of her ice cream.

"Tch"

After she disturbed his sleep he was forced to take her out. Because she was craving for an ice cream. And she wanted it from a specific place.

"Even though you are friends with the Prince doesn't mean this will be taken lightly"

Alexx sipped his drink.

'Trying to act cool

"I'm not trying to act cool" he flicked her forehead.

Clara shrugged her shoulders innocently. It's not like she cared. He only looked like a frog.

"Do you know why the heir of the Yanette family suddenly disappeared.." she whispered. He leaned back feeling uneasy. He looked at her to tell he was listening.

"I heard he confessed to one of the twins" she continued, leaning on the table.

"Where are you hearing such things," he asked disdainfully.

He noted it down to check her group of friends. They were making his weird sister weirder.

Alexx sat in silence thinking about what he would say to the twins. He could simply say it got swapped. But it sounds unbelievable however you look at it. There are a lot of variables in it.

For example he is known to keep a distance from girls. He has never dated anyone previously. They would know these are true since their brother is his friend.

"Are you not going to pick up"

He turned his head to look at her. Muttering a 'what'. She pointed at his vibrating phone.

"Hello"

"Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Marshall-"

"Don't be if you are still going to continue "

"-I got a call from the Rivera household. They want to have a meeting with you"

"When is the meeting?" He asked calmly. His tone changing to professional as soon as he picked up the call.

"Tomorrow at 10:00 am at Aellae Sachs"

"Alright"

He grabbed the ice cream from Clara and he took a bite. The sweet taste filled his mouth before melting away, leaving behind an aftertaste.

"That was mine" she groaned, looking at her brother.

"Whatever is yours is mine...whatever is mine ...is mine" he shrugged.

She slapped his arm in disagreement, snatching her ice cream back. Holding it close to her and away from him.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I'm meeting them", he said.

He was a little nervous since they were royals. It's not his first time to deal with them, but the context is a lot different this time.

"I hope you come back with two hands and two feet...it would be even better if twenty fingers are there" she grinned.

He flicked her off. Before messing up her hair. Feeling satisfied after hearing her whine.

Aellae Sachs is one of the restaurants owned by the royals. It is accessible to a few people. Especially those considered rich in Bluestreet.

                    __________

10:00 am

Alexx sat opposite the twins, April and Phoebe Rivera. From one glance you could tell they belonged to a prestigious family. From the way they carried themselves to the way they talked. They looked elegant.

"So Mr. Marshall...you already know why you have been summoned here"
April Rivera started. Her ocean like  eyes examined him. One wrong answer and he would be on his deathbed.

The other twin took out a note from her purse. The proof in front of him. The words written in gold letters glistened on the table.

His face remained emotionless from start to the end. No one knew what he was thinking. This is what how he was. Minding his own business and not participating in any drama.

"I apologize for the inconvenience. It was a mistake from my side."

The twins paused and looked at him. Alexx Marshall was no stranger. Everyone knew the Marshalls in Bluestreet. He was also acquainted with their brother, Xavier Rivera. If he was interested he would have made a move years ago.

"So it was a mistake?" The one who seemed to be the older asked him.

"Yes"

"How would you prove, that it was a mistake?" She looked at him intently.

It did put him in a corner. He didn't have proof that it was a mistake.

"I asked my friend to prepare a card for your birthday. But the person played a little prank on me. As they didn't know the purpose of it"

He glanced at them for any reaction. This seemed like an excuse but atleast he was telling the truth. A wise person isn't afraid to tell the truth.

The twins talked in hushed voices while Alexx sat patiently. After this, he was going to take a break. He never thought he would get in trouble with the royals. But as said, everything has a first time.

They whispered to each other occasionally looking at him from time to time. Not knowing he could hear buts of their conversation.

After discussing it they turned back to him.

"I hope you go through the cards before sending them, Mr. Marshall" April said.

"I'll take care of it"

They shook hands, ending this meeting peacefully. The weight left Alexx's mind. He looked at the card which was still kept on the table.

This card almost killed him. He tore it into tiny pieces before throwing it in the dustbin.

Everything was resolved peacefully. Otherwise, he would've had to fight his friend. A poor family would've been crushed by him.

Years ago a man opened a small branch to prove to his father that he had matured and was responsible enough. With his intelligence and hard work he improved himself. And ended up building a whole empire.

The Marshall Enterprises was founded by Kleos Marshall. Unfortunately, he and his wife died in a fire. It was the time when the government was fighting against the Marshalls for their assets. Though the government couldn't win.

Although it looked like an accident it was a well planned conspiracy.

The Marshalls are a big family. The family who supported The Marshalls were their blood relatives. Which includes The Mitchelles, The Martins, The Verlins, The Terons, and many more.

All are influential businessmen. Who worked hard in forming their companies. The head of all of them is The Mitchelle's. Who acts as a leader in tough times.

Daniel Mitchelle the current head is the only person Alexx respects. The only person who Alexx doesn't see as a clown.

_____________________