Chapter 5

LAST CHAPTER OF THE SAMPLE!

———————————

LUX ||

Dad, Uncle Rhett and Uncle Leif shove through the crowd that had gathered by the gates, witnessing my agony firsthand.

"Get out of the way!" Dad's voice booms through the pack warriors who had surrounded me, all of them taking a step back to give him space. "Weston, bring the serum!"

I hadn't even registered Weston was here until I heard his name. Looking up with tear stained cheeks, I see my pack doctor and my Dad's old Beta, rushing towards me with his medical bag.

My uncles were busy holding the warriors back and any other pack members that happened to try and stop to get a glimpse at what was happening to their Alpha.

"Maybe we should do this somewhere else," Weston comments, gesturing towards the crowd that had gathered. "The pack shouldn't see their Alpha down like this, especially not on the day that so many Beta members will compete for a spot to serve beside him."

"It's the recognition," Dad growls at his longtime friend. "Surely the pack wouldn't judge his ability to protect them based on this."

Weston shakes his head. "I wouldn't chance it."

Next thing I know, I'm being lifted in the air, wrapped in Weston's arms as he pushes past the crowd with my Dad and uncles quickly following behind.

"Warriors, tend to your duties, guard the borders." Dad commands over his shoulder while I'm too consumed in the gut wrenching agony that was rippling through me to do anything.

Much less shove out a command and hold to it.

Weston places me in the backseat of what I think is his car while my Dad jumps in the front seat and my Uncles jump in back with me.

Another wave crashes through me as he speeds away from the gates, the distance between Seiko and me becoming even greater.

I hear another howl in the distance, this one filled with such raw pain, it feels like my heart is being ripped from my body.

Like my very soul is being shredded into a million pieces. It's slow and agonizing and all consuming and I just want it to stop.

Another howl sounds through the mountains, this one guttural.

"We need to find him," Dad comments, looking towards the backseat. "Your mate is calling for you too."

I nod, knowing how much pain he was in. Knowing just how much he needed me. . . in more ways than one.

It scared me because Weston had the power to numb my pain while I wasn't sure what the rogues would be able to do for Seiko's.

Would he be in this agony until we meet again? Would he be able to hold out? Would he be able to keep a piece of his humanity to be able to endure it?

Writhing against my Uncles' holds, I shake my head, the pain almost visceral at this point.

It's so painful, my mind is teetering on that fine line between sanity and insanity.

"Dad, make it stop!" I cry out, not being able to take it anymore. "Dad, please!"

I feel his hand grip my arm, squeezing it with the strength of an Alpha. I open my eyes when I feel how tight his grip had become, to notice him facing forward but I could see the tears streaming down his face and the way his body was trembling.

Uncle Leif wraps his arms around me. With being an Omega, I immediately find some form of comfort in his embrace, but it's short lived as we come to a screeching stop in front of the pack hospital and another wave of pain hits me.