Chapter 4

These chapters aren't edited. Don't look for perfection😂😂👏🏾

———————————

LUX ||

There was a huge part of me that didn't want to do what I was currently doing, but the other part of me — the irrational part — needed to see him.

The recognition of our bond was slowly killing me and being away even for two days was extremely difficult.

I know I'm the Alpha, I know this probably isn't what Legacy would have done, I know my Dad and my Uncles are going to be pissed about this and I know this probably is one of the dumbest decisions I'll ever make, but I needed to know.

I needed to know if Seiko recognized our bond, even as a Rogue or if he just saw me as his next meal or some kind of threat.

Walking through unclaimed territory again should have terrified me because of what happened two days ago, but that irrational part of me didn't want to feed into that fear.

My body somehow figured that since my mate was a Rogue, than I should feel safe enough to walk through these overgrown lands but my brain was telling me the exact opposite.

My brain was telling me to run and run fast.

"Not just your brain. I'm telling you too. This is not a good idea, Lux." — Edge interjects, whining as I stop where Legacy's blood grave was located.

Ok, so it wasn't just my brain telling this wasn't a good idea, but my wolf too because despite the fact that his mate was mine as well, he didn't want anything to do with a Rogue.

"Ya darn tootin. How am I supposed to love a mate that wants to kill me all the time?" — Edge growls and I huff a frustrated breath at him.

"You know you being a wolf, you're supposed to have a stronger connection to our mate than I do and your wariness of him makes me worried." — I tell him.

"Lux, I love our mate. I always will, the connection is there and I feel it just as deeply as you do, if not more. But it's hard to try and connect with him when our first memory together is him trying to kill us." — Edge huffs again, ears peeking when we hear a twig snap in the distance.

My senses are immediately on high alert as I whip my head in the direction from where the snap came from.

My heart begins to pound violently in my chest when I see the bushes begin to rustle and then that familiar scent hits me.

I knew he would come.

"Not a good idea, maybe we should run like now." — Edge whimpers, ducking down and crawling towards the shadows.

"Maybe we shouldn't. Last time we ran, he chased us, Edge." — I shoot back.

"And tried to kill us. You seem to keep forgetting that very important part." — Edge comments, unhelpfully.

I didn't like doing it, but I had to force Edge into the shadows because he was making this a lot harder than it needed to be.

Yeah, our mate chased us down and almost killed us but surely, Seiko had to feel something for us.

He couldn't be all bad. . .

What the heck am I saying? He's a rogue, of course he's bad, but I can't bring myself to reject him until I know for sure.

Maybe this is why I wasn't Alpha material. Maybe this is why Goddess knew to make Legacy the first born son because of my lack of judgement and poor decision making.